Author Topic: No Rotary Segregation at Rotorstock 7  (Read 4048 times)

Offline gsb876

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.GSBAINSBOOKS.COM
No Rotary Segregation at Rotorstock 7
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »
I think it is almost inevitable that some people will moan, and RS1 was a learning curve for all involved.

With Pod the facilities are in place to make sure some of the "old" issues are gone :wiggle

This year will be the seventh one and i think that in itself is a huge accomplishment for all the people behind the scenes :cheers
"Every generation has the chance to change the world"

Mills & Bains guest author :Giggle

Offline RamoNZ

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
All this togetherness talk is great and all, but from what I understand - was there not clear indifferrence to allowing hybrid Rotary vehicles to participate a few years back?

Myself personally having been around the rotary scene in NZ/OZ hybrids were as part of the scene as any other factory powered vehicle - it was the engine that bought us all together - the noise & revs and enjoyment that could transform even a mundane KE30 corolla into something special.

I would be interested to know your personal opinion of this because there has clearly been a sea change as hybrids are now allowed to run - so why were they previously banned? Have you now seen the light or have you been forced to include them simply by weight of public opinion?

Now I now I am relatively new to all this, and have not been directly affected by it, but there is still bad feeling about it years later and from the simple facts gathered I also think that was unjust.

Offline Archbish

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.archbish.com
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 10:23:34 PM »
*blush* ummmm, yeah, sorry about that!! *grin*

personally, I\'ve massively enjoyed the rotorstocks I\'ve been to.  I\'ve enjoyed the company of all rotary clubs, and am pleased that I\'ve been able to catch up with friends and make new mates in all the clubs that are rotorised.  I am well aware of the differences that exist, and choose to take no part - I work long weeks, in a reasonably high pressure environment, and this is, has always been, and will always be a source of relaxation and enjoyment.

Clive - I do personally hope the various rotorstocks have been worth your time and effort, and that you have appreciated the enjoyment that those who have attended have experienced.  If you haven\'t, then I absolutely apologise for that email!! *grin*

irrespective of politics, this is a great weekend, and I\'m gutted I won\'t be attending this year!  (esp as the 1st gen managed 140mph on a private road recently - and could have kept going.  The car is way faster than the driver...!!)

((I sincerely hope this post is not taken out of context by anyone - I\'ve always been on all forums as a force for good, and will take exception with anyone that treats it otherwise.))
Everyone wants to be like ArchBish,
Cos the Bish is never glum.
Its hard to be unhappy
when the sun shines out your bum

Offline Zarterone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
option 3 makes interesting reading

MRC arrange organise track days this year they are doing four as I\'m aware
They also give the people who track part £20 back so if you do two track days you have already made £10 from the club if you do all of them your made £50, Also you get discount on other events you may attend.

So to me to accuse them of making money out of the club well beggers belief

Also I meet Clive at Cadwell park earlier in the year and he spent most of his valuable track time fixing other peoples cars.
 Also he advised me against certain mods,(for the car) even though I would have got them from him.
 he is also very helpful to people like me,who don\'t know a lot and can/has spent many a phone call helping people out. Not a lot of people would do that day after day.

I personally think he is a top man and trust him at his word

keep up the good work Clive

Paul
RX8 40th Anniversary in White, a MX5 MK1 and a Renault  Trafic for work (its not a spelling mistake that\'s the way Renault spell it)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:06 PM »
Hybrids were never ever banned from Rotorstock,

3 years ago Santa Pod wanted Japanese cars only on the strip so they had something to promote and a Fiat with a Jap engine was not very promotable.

It was made very clear that rotary hybrids were never banned as they were welcome to park on the Rotary stand and be part of the event in every other way, sadly for Santa Pod this did not bring in extra cars so this was relaxed for the following year.

You say you are new, but I see from your post that you have come to this thread quite willing to potentially cause trouble because you have had your mind made up by detractors of Rotorstock and MRC already, some of who were banned for either threatening or inciting physical violence, which is just as unacceptable here on MRC as it is in any other community.
All the best Clive

Offline RamoNZ

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:24 PM »
I dont think we can throw me into the \'threatening/inciting violence\' squad because that is not what this is about - I know of no such actions, and dont care to. I am engaging in a discussion and have put forward a point of view that I have encountered - and to date it has been singled sided, but I am certainly not closed minded.

If I have my wires crossed and it was solely a Santapod descision to not allow the hybrids and nothing to do with MRC then I aplologise - I stand by the statement that the ruling was unjust and that a rotary hybrid has an equal standing amongst the community as that is what I think no matter who made it.

If this is the case, can I satisfy my curiosity how the various splits and aggreivance come about from another point of view?

If I go to Jap Show, I know I cant race my Audi. If I go to GTi international I realise that its not for racing my RX7, but going to Rotorstock indicates to me that it is about Rotaries - a fairly simple criteria. Why was the MRC not allowed to excercise their view over Santapod to force them to allow rotors no matter what body they were in?

Offline kev-yorks

• Chairman / MRC Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 05:46:48 AM »
If I go to Jap Show, I know I cant race my Audi. If I go to GTi international I realise that its not for racing my RX7, but going to Rotorstock indicates to me that it is about Rotaries - a fairly simple criteria. Why was the MRC not allowed to excercise their view over Santapod to force them to allow rotors no matter what body they were in?
The answer is quite simple Santa Pod made a commercial decision they wanted a Jap only event for marketing purposes from the outset because quote "we have countless events through the year hybrids can run at" as track operator and the company taking the monetary hit if the event doesn\'t make money its was there call for further clarification and confirmation of this point i\'d recommend contacting Rick at Santa Pod. As it gets a bit tiresome stating the same thing year after year when a few people don\'t seem to be able to accept what there being told.
Regards Kevin

Offline Rex_FTW

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 08:39:51 AM »
Quote from: clive;708616
No worries because we actually need feed back to help us get it right as well because all we end up with is untrue Chinese whispers that I have addressed above otherwise ,

None of us will ever get it right all the time and with moderation many times these are dealt on an individual basis, collectively.

I will say that in cases where trading is involved Kevin, our Chairman ultimately handles these, as in many cases it would be unethical for me to be involved,

No problem.

I am not really talking about the trading side. More the actions of some moderators. They can alienate the success of your club because ultimately, to members or guests looking to become members, moderators are a reflection of the culture and characteristics of the club.

If my points are taking on board, I will be impressed. I may even then join up and become a member. It\'s not that I don\'t want to, but some moderators actions are just shocking and affecting the club negatively.

Offline Zarterone

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 08:45:28 AM »
You should see the RX8 owners club for moderators

some are a nightmare and have caused quite a bit of heated debate.

Paul
RX8 40th Anniversary in White, a MX5 MK1 and a Renault  Trafic for work (its not a spelling mistake that\'s the way Renault spell it)

Offline Rex_FTW

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
Quote from: Zarterone;708947
You should see the RX8 owners club for moderators

some are a nightmare and have caused quite a bit of heated debate.

Paul

Moderators are meant to be and should be impartial. If they can\'t be they should not be moderators.

Offline Nik da Greek

• Banned user
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
I think that this is a good thing, this thread....I think

First off, I firmly belive in the non-segregation of rotaries at Rotorstock. To an extent I think that MRC and Clive and Lisa specifically have put the time effort and aggravation into making it what it is and therefore should have the ultimate decision on the format it takes. Because they\'ve earned the right....

Also, I believe a club is only strong if it listens to the needs and desires of its members, and the show will only continue to be feasible if it fulfills a niche desire that exists amongst the rotary/Japanese car community. Both of these mean that a certain amount of flexibility is necessary, and a certain amount of evolving the show to meet the desires of what it\'s member snad attendees require. Which is not  the same as kowtowing to the aggressive desires and personal agendas of a minority with an axe to grind.

Personally, as a loyal member of two clubs I have no interest in having my loyalty split between them by the agendas of anyone else. When the hobby I love becomes leverage for others to flex their metaphorical muscles, then it\'s time they grew up or found another playground. With this in mind, I was very pleased that the recent poll on FDUK showed that the members there would prefer a non-segragated stand  and hopefully implies the majority are of a like mind to myself.

The ultimate irony being that the Pod had clearly printed the tickets long since with the "MRC, FDUK and RX-8OC" legend all merged into one massive stand, and had no intention of re-printing them even if FDUK decided to insist on separate stand space anyway....maing the entire thing rather farcical strom in a teacup. Especially since I noticed that only two of all the people who said "I\'m not going unless I\'m not on an MRC stand" actually had the courage of their convictions to state why they felt that way about it ;)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 11:49:56 AM »
Quote from: Rex_FTW;708946
No problem.

I am not really talking about the trading side. More the actions of some moderators. They can alienate the success of your club because ultimately, to members or guests looking to become members, moderators are a reflection of the culture and characteristics of the club.

If my points are taking on board, I will be impressed. I may even then join up and become a member. It\'s not that I don\'t want to, but some moderators actions are just shocking and affecting the club negatively.

As you are a guest you have no PM rights but it would appear you are harboring some personal issues, I would like to know privately what these issues are please.

Please would you give me a call either on
07957203073 (please leave a message and I will get back to)
All the best Clive

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
p.s. won\'t be around for a while now as I\'m off to Mallory to have some fun in my own Rotary with other club members, which is one of the reasons why the club was formed in the first place, to enhance the passion for our cars, not bickering on forums.
All the best Clive

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • South West
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
Quote from: Rex_FTW;708954
Moderators are meant to be and should be impartial. If they can\'t be they should not be moderators.

Moderators are also human and volunteers, if you have a particular grievance please let us know, alluding to an issue doesn\'t help: clear suggestions and examples will always be welcomed (even if not nessicarily liked at the time)
Brap Brap Brap Brap

Offline festa

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 02:10:52 PM »
I have not been a member here for long but since being one have found it a fantastic place to meet other rotary owners and fans who are full of great advice and always willing to help as with other rotary sites people are generaly helpul thru there love of the rotary powered car.

GREAT WORK TO ALL WHO RUN THE SITE !

On the other hand there seems to be alot of politics and accusations directed at the people that run the club and that realy ##### me off the accounts for the club are availible to veiw in the members section and where not talking a great deal of money involved certinly not enough to compensate any one for the work and s##t that they would have to put up with, IE there is no golden egg to be had here.

I think some pepole need to accept the fact that this club is run by volinters who give up their time and lives because they love all things rotary I bet when you where kids your mum\'s/dad\'s didn\'t have a go at the cub, scout or brownie leaders for profitering.

As for inter club fighting and arguing just grow up and get over it at the end of the day we all like rotarys thats why we join these clubs, I think that all members of all clubs and groups should should think of them selfs as equal as its not the car but the engine that is common to all i.e it doesn\'t mater what body new or old that the engine sits in as long as its a rotary then its all good.

Well thats enough of a rant I hope I haven\'t upset anyone or over steped the mark but this sort of stuff really starts me off, I am hopeing to make it to RS this year if work permits and looking forward to it.

And once again well done to all that give their time to run this club as without them there would be no club
Cheers