Author Topic: 700 bhp rx7 in Huddersfield  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
700 bhp rx7 in Huddersfield
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
Have taken my car for an mot today, pass with flying colours. As i was getting ready to leave a few lads turned up and started talking cars and how much bhp they had and there friends.

One of the lads mentioned a 700bhp rx7 in huddersfield, which i have never seen, or heard of before. Now this is something you another rotary fan wouldnt miss, does anyone know about this car, know anything about the setup of it? Jst wondering as people tend to talk a lot of BULL MANURE when it comes to BHP figures, especially this lad that said " my golf has 330 BHP and it left my car for dust"! Honestly a golf, front wheel drive beat an rx7, i dont think so, there is no comparison.

If anyone can enlighten me on this car as it would be nice to see any other rx7s in huddersfield than mine and my brothers.

Surely something with this amount of power would be extremely noisy?? and i would have heard it?? before someone has told me about it??

Offline TiddlesRX7

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
There was a high BHP (600+ IIRC) at Haigh Hall show last year or the year before. It was for sale too. So it could be that. But tbh if it was used regulerly you would probably know about it. You always meet people who have a mate thats got something mosterous. Only for it to turn out to be a 1.25ltr zetec fiesta!
I don\'t need to upgrade my stock turbo to beat your ass!

Get your finger out, get it on the road and start driving it then!!! (B.Martin 25/2/12)

Offline m1tch

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:51:35 PM »
Meh, im sure if it had a 20B conversion - like JM Garage has and fit a large turbo that figure should be quite easily attained, there is a 900bhp 13B FC3S dyno run on youtube so they are out there, but I am thinking with 700bhp you wouldn\'t be taking it out every day so it might just turn up at a random show or something :)

Offline nuki

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 01:56:17 PM »
Grant... hey! There is a small community of us friends who have rx7\'s around the area of cleckheaton/mirfield/liversedge.. My friend Leon has just completed a full engine rebuild and single turbo build hes from cleckheaton There is a Guy called Oli from Mirfield whos running 2 rx7\'s both currently at WGT... 600+bhp track car and a road monster!
theres another mate of mine who buys broken 3rd gens and repairs to sell.
My Other mate chris has just sold this car.. T78 Single he lives near whitgates garden centre on leeds road.
Then theres Me who lives near Cooper Bridge.

And this is my car

your not alone!! :D i bet your only 5 mile away from all of us...

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
I live in Dalton, only takes five minutes to get to whitegates. When do you go out in your cars?

Do any of you use them through the winter as I spoke to someone from cleckheaton down at the shell garage and he said they all keep there\'s garages up through the winter?! It\'s a car not a hedgehog that needs to be driven not hibernate in the winter months, lol.

Would you all be interested in meeting up?

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
Quote from: m1tch;690907
Meh, im sure if it had a 20B conversion - like JM Garage has and fit a large turbo that figure should be quite easily attained, there is a 900bhp 13B FC3S dyno run on youtube so they are out there, but I am thinking with 700bhp you wouldn\'t be taking it out every day so it might just turn up at a random show or something :)

Well this got me thinking how to reach that kind of BHP figures you have got to be looking at a 13b PP with a gt45? But then wouldn\'t it become a pain in the arse to drive on the road??

20b would be the easiest root to that kind of power but you would be looking a full Bridgeport plus huge turbo, looking at prices of twenty grand!! Just for the engine! And you would have to buy a block to start with? That\'s around 3 grand??

Offline nuki

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
Yer whenever theres a sunny day give me a shout , 07960525204 my names Aaron :)

Offline karl_tate

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »
didnt realise there was that many FD\'s around, they appear from everywhere. do any of you guys go to york dragstrip??

Built In Japan - Built Better In The UK

XBOX GAMERS TAG --- tatey1985

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
Quote from: karl_tate;690944
didnt realise there was that many FD\'s around, they appear from everywhere. do any of you guys go to york dragstrip??

I keep meaning to go over but don\'t know anyone to go over with and, not with rx7s that is. Would like to go over, when is the next one?

Offline turbotoaster

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 09:43:04 PM »
Quote from: Grant Monkhouse;690920
Well this got me thinking how to reach that kind of BHP figures you have got to be looking at a 13b PP with a gt45? But then wouldn\'t it become a pain in the arse to drive on the road??

20b would be the easiest root to that kind of power but you would be looking a full Bridgeport plus huge turbo, looking at prices of twenty grand!! Just for the engine! And you would have to buy a block to start with? That\'s around 3 grand??

you dont need a PP on a 13b to get that kind of power, its been done on a stock port!

its just the need to either use race gas or lots of water.

700bhp on a 20b will be easy, streetport and big turbo should do it

Offline karl_tate

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 10:52:16 PM »
i will be at the 31st, bank holiday monday.

if you have never been, if you car is low, the roads around and at the strip are rough so go steady.

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
Quote from: karl_tate;691168
i will be at the 31st, bank holiday monday.

if you have never been, if you car is low, the roads around and at the strip are rough so go steady.

31st of this month? Think I will take a trip over. My car is low, so thanks for the warning

Offline Grant Monkhouse

• Karma Chameleon
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
  • I am awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »
Quote from: turbotoaster;691151
you dont need a PP on a 13b to get that kind of power, its been done on a stock port!

its just the need to either use race gas or lots of water.

700bhp on a 20b will be easy, streetport and big turbo should do it

I have seen that stock port monster, I was just thinking of the easiest way for a street car to achieve that power figure. Will hopefully get to speak to the lad near Huddersfield and see what he has done to the engine.

20b would be the way I would go for that kind of power, and it would sound a lot better!

Offline Rex_FTW

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 11:34:09 PM »
Whifbitz had 650 odd proven on Surrey rolling road on a half bridge using pump fuel.
There\'s a video of it on YouTube, so it\'s possible. Depends how good your tuner and engine builder is

Offline karl_tate

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 09:30:52 AM »
yeh grant, this month :D