Author Topic: ***trackday Series - Cadwell Park, 9 June***  (Read 3793 times)

Offline najiru

• Contributor
    • View Profile
***trackday Series - Cadwell Park, 9 June***
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »
It was a great day and we were lucky with the weather given the forecast. Was good to see everyone again and get a feel for what the new car can do. All I need to do now is learn to drive it!

Oh and I couldn\'t go without mentioning Shaun\'s attempt to take out the camera women by doing a spot of \'off-roading\' :rollin

Offline shaunwil

• Extra Special Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »
You had to mention that :Giggle

I think once I get mine dialled in it should be much better !

Shaun
1994 White FD with A-spec GT3574R - 358bhp at the hubs at 0.9bar :3gears-lh
2003 Mondeo 2lt 130ps Diesel Estate Daily :driving

Offline HypoThermia

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »
It was great to catch up with everyone and to see the 7s and 8s going around Cadwell again.

Andy - hope all is well with you and get in touch mate.

Ian.

Photos are (C) Xtreme Sports Photography
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:21:50 AM by HypoThermia »
R3 Aurora Blue Mica - Racing Brake calipers, rotors and steel brake lines - Racing Beat exhaust - TARGA2 reversing sensors - Lockwood grilles - blue LEDs - side and fog light upgrades - window tints
Shoe size 10.5

Offline Zarterone

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »
Great day ,great people great track

A big thank you goes to Clive although I didn\'t need him

Clive helped anyone who needed it , your gave up your valuable  track time to help them.

Andy it was a freak accident so don\'t let it put you off track days.

Paul
RX8 40th Anniversary in White, a MX5 MK1 and a Renault  Trafic for work (its not a spelling mistake that\'s the way Renault spell it)

Offline CrissyUK

• Administrator
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »
Thank you Clive for creating and promoting the trackday series, turnout was great and had some awesome fun on and off the track. Hopefully the next track day will be less eventful and you\'ll get to spend more time putting the yellow flame thrower through its paces! But thank you as always for being so generous with your time after I was black flagged for "the strange noises" coming from my car.

It was great to catch up with Shaun after he was tricked into coming with me as a passenger last year and also to meet Andy and Terry again after the last tunnel run that I attended. Hope that Andy made it home in one piece after his very unfortunate incident early in the morning.

Andrew: apologies, it wasn\'t until this morning during breakfast that I realized your connection with MRC as the editor of the RR magazine. Unfortunately I had used all my brain power to find Mallory Park on a traditional map earlier in the week and had none left to figure out who you were  :D  nevertheless it was lovely to meet you, when my katana\'s go blunt I\'ll borrow some of your wit  ;)

Everyone else: thank you for making feel like the luckiest woman in the world for spending 3 days in the company of suck a great bunch of lovely guys.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Crissy
Crissy

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
I got home safely a few hours ago, absolutely exhausted - so glad I stayed over the extra night!

This is largely a reprint of what I posted up on the RX8OC forum, so if you\'ve read that, do\'nt read any further:)

My thanks to all you guys (that term includes Crissy!) for coming along to make this such an enjoyable event. It\'s the camaraderie that exists amongst all the rotary owners that really made the whole outing so rewarding to be a part of. Whether you are shy and quiet (like me) or outgoing, everyone is made most welcome.

The weather couldn\'t really have been much better. With a dismal forecast of heavy rain turning out, in reality, to be a rain-free day, cool, but with occasional blue skies - perfect trackday weather. This was not just a (really) fun day on track, but a great social occasion too.

Special, very personal, thanks go to the spanner-wielding demons, Ian (Hypothermia) and Aston (Arnie_O), who had all the right tools and skills to changeover my entire set of brakepads this morning in the hotel pits (carpark). Thanks also to Crissy (CrissyUK) and Paul (Zarterone) for "being there" and giving me moral support whilst my baby was being taken apart! Thanks to the Hotel Manager for popping out and offering us tea and coffee whilst the work was underway in the pits (sorry, carpark). Finally, thanks to Clive (Clive :)) for bringing along a spare set of brakepads (I knew I\'d need them very soon, but not this soon!) and for his heroic levels of support to everyone who needed it, especiall Andy who had a most unfortunate coming together with a stretch of Armco very early in the day. Thanks mainly to Clive, with support from others, Andy was able to drive his car home safely. Ooops, nearly forgot to thank Nick Dougill (NickD) for arranging the day via MazdaOnTrack, and for his excellent tuition session with me. He certainly gave me confidence to take more speed into certain corners, which was immensely satisfying. His complimentary comments, whether warranted or not :) , makes you feel so much better!

^^That sounded a bit like an Oscar acceptance speech

I would urge anyone who has been thinking of doing their first trackday to either take the plunge (we\'ll make you most welcome and look after you), or simply come along to watch and take some passenger rides. Watch this forum for annoucements of the next trackday at Mallory Park in August.

:WaveBye
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline shaunwil

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »
Blimey, I went to MACH 2010 at the NEC yesterday :D Shattered now though ! Drove another 250miles in the FB !

Shaun

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aston.osborne?ref=profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2010, 03:17:55 PM »
Attention due to the fact i am currently feeling really lazy this is a shamless copy and paste job from my post over on the RX8OC

Ok.... From me now then. With this being only my second propper track  day and first in conjunction with the MRC (i attended the  silverstone/Stowe day in september) I was anticipating Cadwell with  great expectations and slithtly crapping myself (no it was not due to  the curry) due to my inexperiance on track. As Always i was made to feel  very welcome by what luckily for me are many members of my local meets.  And put at ease once i got on track for the sighting laps.

For  any members thinking of doing track days then i would recoment coming  along and seeing what they are all about first. I went along to the  Brands Hatch day in December 2009 and just from riding shotgun and  asking lots of questions i found the knowledge i gleened from the day  very usefull when i finally got on track myself.

I would like to  reiterate other members comments regarding the camaraderie of the whole  trip and it almost felt like a family.
Sorry guys but my biggest and  most deserved thanks and praise must go to Clive (my knight in orange  rotary T-shirt) for giving his expert opinion and helping to fix my  clutch problem after it gave out on me just before noon. I thought my  day was over there and then and felt down in the pits (no pun intended)  but after lunch he helped me bleed the clutsh slave cylinder and it felt  even better than it did oirginally, I was back on the best track so far  with a huge grin on my face. I really cannot believe how much of his  day he gave up to help others get back out on the track you really where  a one man pit crew.
So once again Clive (from Mazda rotary Parts)  Thank you.

Thanks to Malcolm (Casey) and Nick (NickD) for  organizing this, it definatly lived up to all the hype and talk that i  have had to put up with for a year from those that did Cadwell Park  2009.

Malcolm it was no bother staying around and helping to get  your pads changed, there was no way i was leaving for home and the  convoy back without you. Hope i did an OK job of taking Point.

Thanks  to Paul (Zarterone) for his support during my low period of clutch  inactivity and letting me ride shotgun for a bit, and also to Ray  (Harrizone) your tips helped wonders.

A Thumbs up must also go to  Tom (Madder) for letting me use his spare Gallon of petrol to top my  tank up for my last session of the day on the R888\'s, he did think i  needed it to get back to the hotel but in reality it was to make sure i  have good fule pick up on some of the hard corners as i at that time was  down to a quarter tank having been out of action over lungh and not  able to go refill. I still owe you some fule mate.

A big thanks  to Will66 for firstly his donation of his old Toyo R888\'s and secondly  for all his efforts and time spent e-mailing back and forth to organize  for me to go up and collect them from his parants while he was away on  an unplanned trip, you could have to easily just said "sorry make i am  away you will have to sort yourself some other tyres out" but you did\'nt  so thank you. Secondly for allowing me to feel the phenominal  improvment in grip that thay gave me you where definatly right in what  you said.... they are a fantastic tyre if not a little overpriced at the  moment.

Finally Thanks to Ian (hypothermia) and Crissy  (CrissyUK) for the great chat and freindship during the whole trip.

My  final highlights of the Track sessions where a big grin i got from  using the R888\'s and once they where fitted managing to overtake both  and arial Atom (possibly on a warm up lap) but i dont care and a Porsche  944 and the biggest of them all was keeping up with Ray for a couple of  laps.

Sorry this all seems long winded but it was a great trip  and really demonstrated what the club is all about its so much more than  what you think you get for your £30 its more than a spin mag, some  discounts and access to the members area, and those that join and never  attend these events and meets really are losing out.

I am  knackered so from me this is spanner monkey 1 or 2 (in no pertigular  order) signing out.

Just 4 pictures from me these where all courtesy of Xtreme Sports Photoigraphy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:26:29 PM by Arnie_O »
Turbocharged 192ps RX-8 running Meth Injection on an Adaptronic
Fully Bridgeported 231ps RX-8 stripped for the Track
2nd Gen RX-7 TurboII on a GT35r (show winner)

Offline shaunwil

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »
I had a quick look and the light in the garage is the Wrong side for Andy. What is his user name ?

Shaun

Offline Zarterone

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »
Here\'s are some pictures  i took the following day

I was to busy having fun on the day to take pictures

Here are a couple of Malcolm with the Spin Consultants or Spanner Monkeys Aston(Arnie-0) and Ian(Hypothermia)

You will aslo see Aston giving the correct Spanner monkey hand signal

Ian getting to grips with the brake calliper (oh nice red and shinny)

a fair bit of brake dust, cleaned the wheels today took a couple of goes to get rid of all the dust

Paul
RX8 40th Anniversary in White, a MX5 MK1 and a Renault  Trafic for work (its not a spelling mistake that\'s the way Renault spell it)

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »
better to be a spanner monkey than a spanner.

Thanks for those insightfil pictures Paul.

Offline Zarterone

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »
I was happy with the term Spin consultant

but you wanted the term Spanner Monkey lol

Do you think I get a response from Druck

Paul

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »
Thx for posting up those pics of the pitstop crew Paul!
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.

Online Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
Quote from: shaunwil;698895
I had a quick look and the light in the garage is the Wrong side for Andy. What is his user name ?

Shaun

Shaun, his user name is Andy too! Shame it\'s the wrong side.....

Be aware he doesn\'t use the forum that much. I\'ll PM you his email address too.

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »
only problem is the pics make it look like i just stood around making hand gestures and doing not much else.