Another week gone by and some more progress.
Earlier in the week I drew up the plans for my sump. I was hoping to mod the 13b sump, but in order to minimise the cutting to the subframe this was looking like an impossible task. Luckily Bill, the guy who\'s doing my fabrication work, is rather good at creating complex shapes from flat plate so a fully custom sump seemed best. He tacked it up today, so will pick it up tomorrow morning and check it fits before final welding.
I also stuck some paint on my engine mount.
I got a nice parcel arrive this morning. It was the Racing Beat DIY manifold kit I had ordered from the nice people at Mazdarotaryparts.com. I kinda wish it was what it says on the box though....
I had a chat to the exhaust shop in the week, and despite looking pretty scared when I showed them the pics and dimensions, they then said \'it\'ll be tricky, but its not the worst one we\'ve done, be about £900+VAT" so thats alright. Not too bad a price for a complete system including a very complex manifold.
So today I spent most of the day starting to prepare the good 13b to go in the car. Its a million times cleaner that it was this morning, not that its anywhere near perfect now! In he process of stripping the block down I found this anomaly...
Looks like it must have been rebuilt at some point, and looks to have been built from 2 front rotor housings :s Oh well seemed to run alright in the car, so I\'ll take this as good news that its been rebuilt sometime in its life, so that means its probably got a few miles in it yet.