Author Topic: Mx7? rx5? Newbies build thread begins  (Read 21047 times)

Offline papercutout

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Mx7? rx5? Newbies build thread begins
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
Good work! I\'d be happy if my TII had more than 160bhp at the wheels :p

Bet this is total fun, I\'m really gutted for you.

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2011, 07:18:07 AM »
Those are great figures for that setup :)

How much will u want for it then?
At the end of the day, it\'s meant to be fun - not a political movement! :burnout
[xbox.card]BrettMRC[/xbox.card]

Offline Steve-A

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
:) Cheers Brett.

She\'s a really hard one to value.... I don\'t wanna under value it and loose out on all the hard work I\'ve put in and not have much cash to put into my 1st gen, but I also don\'t wanna ask too much and just push away buyers.

On one hand I believe there are only 3 of these in the uk, and as far as I know, mines the only one with tax and test on the road right now. Mx5 guys are always talking about how cool a rotary conversion would be but very few go through with it because of the chassis mods etc. So she could be worth lots....

On the other hand its a poverty spec UK model mx5, thats been used all year round for the last 16 years, has done 130,000 miles and has got a few parking scrapes etc.

If it was stock I\'d be asking £1400, with the same spec as it is but on the standard engine making 160 rwhp I think it would be worth £2700 or so and people will pay between £4-6k for a good condition turbo 5, making 200 rwhp or so.

I was gonna say £4,300 and see what happens. I\'m after something to drive day to day while I work on my 1st gen, so offers and p/xs and stuff will be on the cards.
1984 Rx7: Gold. Edging towards roadworthyness!