The final pieces of the puzzle ( for now!) are falling into place
Yesterday I went to get the car aligned, I knew the front was a mile out because i\'d had the subframe on and off a few times and had just put it back together with the alignment bolts centered.
Went with slightly lower front to rear camber ratio than before. I had gone for the 0.75 degree difference previously where as this time I\'ve gone for 0.4-0.5. I\'ve also had some of the toe taken out of the rear as I never really felt I had the power to need its extra stability and liked the idea of a little more throttle controlled steering. I\'ve been for a bit of a drive this morning and its great. Its not overly aggressive or tail happy but when pushed I can feel all 4 wheels moving together, and when on the power exiting a bend the little extra rear steer from the lower toe is really pleasant. I suspect if I was tracking it a lot I may find I\'d want a little more toe again but for b road fun its a nice balance I think.
I\'ve also been working on my map and I\'ve added a few degrees timing up the top end. Its really starting to feel as I\'d hopped now, happily signing away at 5-8k and is such a nice fun engine to blast some b roads with. As I\'m using premix I decided against activating the overrun fuel cut, so there was still a little fuel and oil getting to the tips, which is making for awesome overrun pops and bangs :Giggle
Yesterday my air filter finally arrived too.
Cant feel any extra restriction to airflow from it at high revs, MS is showing no extra vacuum at WOT. But it has brought the volume down once more. I\'d say its now basically the same volume as my 1.6 piston engine was, so not exactly subtle but not widow shaking loud! If anything it has added a little drag to the intake noticeable at high vacuum and idle, but this has actually helped stop the wild vacuum fluctuations and oscillations I was struggling to tune round at idle.
Because I\'d had the alignment done I was able to put my good wheels back on without worrying about destroying the tyres
Thing left to do are the speedo drive, which Ramon should be posting to me next week
, and I\'d still like to relocate the fuel lines to the other side of the engine bay for piece of mind. I\'ve got some nice braided fuel hose in the post and I\'ve bought a bead maker so I can shorter my hard lines and still make a proper safe connection. So in a week or thereabouts time it should be pretty done. Just in time for rotorstock :burnout