Author Topic: Using This Forum Please Read  (Read 3378 times)

Offline kev-yorks

• Chairman / MRC Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Using This Forum Please Read
« on: January 16, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
This forum is for private adverts only. Guests are allowed to sell 3 items per year only, members can post up to 10 items per year without approval and items in excess of this number subject to approval by team@mazdarotaryclub.com  Anyone found using alternate user ID\'s to get around these limits will have there access to this section removed pernamently!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:12:51 PM by kev-yorks »
Regards Kevin

nbates

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »
My apologies if I missed an announcement somewhere along the line, but what has happened to the seperate cars for sale sections?

Thanks

Nick

Offline kev-yorks

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:17:14 PM »
A lot of people couldn\'t find the various section and there where general problems getting post moderated quickly enough for members. So we\'re trying the system that most other forums use. If you want something specific use the advance search option in the for sale section. From feedback recieved the majority seem to use the new posts option rather than the section index anyway. Also operating a singe section like this means we can have a automatic system whereby members can view threads a day or so before guests once i get it implemented into the forum software.
Regards Kevin

Offline Sy.

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Sexy Number plate .
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
K 5EX C for sale . K Sexy if you say it . So have yourself a Sexy Rexy and get a different plate .

Offeres please over £500. if no interest will post on ebay .
Teamshock.co.uk

Offline Sy.

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
oppsss wrong place !
Teamshock.co.uk

Offline L18M

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/rex_parts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »
what happened to the template that was used for the \'for sale\' threads?
2 doritos on a stick woohoo :rollin

Offline kev-yorks

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 05:45:41 AM »
It was deemed that we\'d let you have a free for all as regards Content. 50% of ads needed the the person posting to be contacted for details ommited from the template. We kinda figured either people couldn\'t read or just plain didn\'t like the layout. This was one of the things holding up the old system. Though it seems we have gone too far the other way now as we\'re getting the don\'t read syndrome and guests putting up huge numbers of items rather than the limited number as stated.
Regards Kevin

Offline pdtaylor18

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »
So for a few of us that reguarly advertise multiple items far cheaper than Ebay and to provide a service to keep other cars on the road would we be allowed to keep doing this? Also older threads that were posted before this took place I would imagine they will still stand?
I do understand why there has to be a limit but I for one would rather buy of this Forum than Ebay anyday.
1990 TII Cab JDM- Lambo Orange- HKS GT3037 turbo,Apexi PFC and datalogit,Greddy FMIC,Trust coilovers,18" Antera 10J 265 rears, 18" 8.5J 235 fronts

Paypal: pdtaylor18@hotmail.com
Email: pdtaylor18@hotmail.com

Pete[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline kev-yorks

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »
Pete thats the idea of moderator approval all we really want to stop is the likes of the Oscars of this world who are out to make a quick buck at others expense. Guys selling odds and sods at irregular intervals are fine, guys who are breaking cars with the sole purpose of moving bits on at profit are another matter. Likewise guys who start producing copies in numbers competing with the forum advertisers as we also need to look after there intrests also. Its one of the toughest call we have to make deciding which side of the line some guys are private or trader.
Regards Kevin

Offline pdtaylor18

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
I totally agree with you and thanks for answering.  At least others will know as well.
1990 TII Cab JDM- Lambo Orange- HKS GT3037 turbo,Apexi PFC and datalogit,Greddy FMIC,Trust coilovers,18" Antera 10J 265 rears, 18" 8.5J 235 fronts

Paypal: pdtaylor18@hotmail.com
Email: pdtaylor18@hotmail.com

Pete[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline RobMatthews

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
so if no one is allowed who is breaking cars where do people go for bits?This is alienating people to look elsewhere!
To contact me robmatthews81@yahoo.co.uk

parts supplied by;

DM-Motorsport.co.uk
Pulleys, Filler Caps, Sump braces, wheel spacers, blank plates and more!...............
Info@DM-Motorsport.co.uk

Offline RobMatthews

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »
hows cheap spares at other peoples expense?
To contact me robmatthews81@yahoo.co.uk

parts supplied by;

DM-Motorsport.co.uk
Pulleys, Filler Caps, Sump braces, wheel spacers, blank plates and more!...............
Info@DM-Motorsport.co.uk

Offline L18M

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/rex_parts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »
interesting thread. i think its hard to draw the exact line between either side. breaking car for example. i think if someone has a prang and breaks their car then would be reasonable to allow them to advertise multiple item for sale to benefit the club. BUT if ppl buy cars to break then they should be trader or similar.
with all the moderators here and supporting members it would be fairly simple to see who owns a rotary and if a newbie jumps on here saying they had a rotary but pranged it n selling then it kinda shows they may be breaking to make profit.
just my thoughts.
2 doritos on a stick woohoo :rollin

Offline kev-yorks

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 05:43:21 AM »
Quote from: RobMatthews;576958
so if no one is allowed who is breaking cars where do people go for bits?This is alienating people to look elsewhere!
My reply was is someone is buying cars with the intention of breaking them for spares Rob it would be deemed to be trading. We\'ve a guy on here at the mo with a low compression car he\'s breaking no problem we also have certain guests out there we know have been buying cars/engines to break or rebuild and sell on, if these persons try advertising we\'ll pull the threads and exclude them from this section. As stated this decision is one of the harder ones to judge as as a rule its you guys reporting people that tip the balance.
Regards Kevin