Author Topic: Hayward Rotary Expanding!  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Archbish

  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2,328
  • Karma: +34/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.archbish.com
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
^^to be fair, wasn\'t there an RX3 that used to race in the retro stuff against jags and things (sorry, I can\'t remember the details, I\'ve not doubt someone will put it up...:D)

I\'d like to poitn out tho, that I claim to have the longest breakdown recovery journey - Middle of France to Guildford, taking 24 hours, including 12 hours waiting at Dieppe on my own, Last June.  I don\'t think anyone can quite compete with that can they??? OH YEAH, WINNER!!!
Everyone wants to be like ArchBish,
Cos the Bish is never glum.
Its hard to be unhappy
when the sun shines out your bum

Offline probedb

  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2,431
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »
I do find it amusing that in such a small community there\'s so much bickering between tuners.
last.fm
A\'Pexi Power FC, HKS Twin Power, HKS Racing Suction Intakes, SMB stainless exhaust and downpipe, Dragon silenced midpipe, Feed FMIC/Rad, Greddy Elbow, Efini Y-Pipe
Mapping by Hayward Rotary
Car pictures

Offline Bulla

  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 668
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »
Quote from: probedb;568035
I do find it amusing that in such a small community there\'s so much bickering between tuners.


Its like a soap opera, my gangs bigger/harder than your gang, my customers are quicker than yours etc. Sadly its detracted from what is good news for Carl and the Rotary community up north.

Bulla

Offline RotorHeid

  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 795
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
Quote from: Bulla;568046
Its like a soap opera, my gangs bigger/harder than your gang, my customers are quicker than yours etc. Sadly its detracted from what is good news for Carl and the Rotary community up north.

Bulla




http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UWa7V17n2no

Offline db2boy

  • MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 183
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.japanicity.com
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2008, 02:26:36 PM »
Quote from: BlitzBoy;565810
cmon we are not interested in 12s anymore :p , I did a 12.0 @ 123 on a mild street port at 1 bar on my T04z on street tyres three years ago so old news :yes
So the question is when will Hayward Rotary tuned cars break into 11s? I need some more competition in the RWYB areana :Thumbsup!


I still beat you to it ;-)  

.
'73 RX-2
'95 20B Cosmo
'91 20B Cosmo

Offline DRAGON

  • Banned user
  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1,710
  • Karma: +17/-0
    • View Profile
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
Quote from: db2boy;568054
I still beat you to it ;-)  

.


Yeah but then you gave up! Also the terminal was pretty weak, wasnt it?

Offline db2boy

  • MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 183
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.japanicity.com
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
Quote from: DRAGON;568055
Yeah but then you gave up! Also the terminal was pretty weak, wasnt it?


Gave up? Hardly, I made a choice to continue to further my career and that takes 90% of my time, I will be back one day when I have some bandwidth to do it properly. 118mph on stock engine, twins and road tyres is weak?
'73 RX-2
'95 20B Cosmo
'91 20B Cosmo

Offline BlitzBoy

  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 21,023
  • Karma: +41/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »
Quote from: db2boy;568054
I still beat you to it ;-)  

.


haha and out of the ashes he appears! how ya doing matey havent heard from you since the old skool meet!?
"Piston Killa" 3rd Gen\'94 \'Oldone Racing Full Bridge Ported REW 13b engine with SCR seals\'. HKS T51 KAI turbo BBM mapped Motec ECU

JDS/HKS Street Class Championship Runner up 2011
Rotorstock winner 08,09
http://pistonkilla.blogspot.com/
old spec HB T51 470 @ wheels @ 1.2 BAR, 555 @ fly 10.46 @ 130 @ 1.25 Bar
new spec FB T51 482 @ wheels @ 1.15 BAR, 570 @ fly

New Project
"el fénix" RX2 by Mark & Mark

Offline db2boy

  • MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 183
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.japanicity.com
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2008, 02:49:26 PM »
Quote from: BlitzBoy;568058
haha and out of the ashes he appears! how ya doing matey havent heard from you since the old skool meet!?


I\'m omnipresent! Good thanks, oh I\'m around and all that ;-) All doodling good there I hope.
'73 RX-2
'95 20B Cosmo
'91 20B Cosmo

Offline DRAGON

  • Banned user
  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1,710
  • Karma: +17/-0
    • View Profile
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
Quote from: db2boy;568056
Gave up? Hardly, I made a choice to continue to further my career and that takes 90% of my time, I will be back one day when I have some bandwidth to do it properly. 118mph on stock engine, twins and road tyres is weak?


yeah 118s good, thought it was lower.
Career!!?? Lifes about fun!

Offline BlitzBoy

  • Major Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 21,023
  • Karma: +41/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2008, 02:59:28 PM »
Quote from: DRAGON;568062

Career!!?? Lifes about fun!

and good p*rn and good w(*king :rollin
"Piston Killa" 3rd Gen\'94 \'Oldone Racing Full Bridge Ported REW 13b engine with SCR seals\'. HKS T51 KAI turbo BBM mapped Motec ECU

JDS/HKS Street Class Championship Runner up 2011
Rotorstock winner 08,09
http://pistonkilla.blogspot.com/
old spec HB T51 470 @ wheels @ 1.2 BAR, 555 @ fly 10.46 @ 130 @ 1.25 Bar
new spec FB T51 482 @ wheels @ 1.15 BAR, 570 @ fly

New Project
"el fénix" RX2 by Mark & Mark

Offline db2boy

  • MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 183
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.japanicity.com
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2008, 03:00:21 PM »
Quote from: DRAGON;568062
yeah 118s good, thought it was lower.
Career!!?? Lifes about fun!


Yes the career that pays for the fun ;-)
'73 RX-2
'95 20B Cosmo
'91 20B Cosmo

Offline drutin

  • Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 150
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
Quote from: HaywardRotary;565721
I used to live in NZ (Where I got into rotaries)and would like to hear about the current scene back there.
Regards
Carl

hello,
 
since you asked :) bit off topic, sorry
i think youve missed the boat abit carl :), you should have been back in nz 5 years ago, it would have blowin your mind what rotor cars were about and what horsepower and setups they used in drag racing definately but also circuit racing,
even street cars, there were alot of 11/12 second daily drivers rotors and pistons about nevermind racing cars
i remember seeing mazda/ford vans towing rx2/3 etc but the van even had a rotary engine :)
it was an industry in its self
but now you wouldnt believe what there doing and the amount of cars that are modified, and how they are modified
 
i would define look up you tube
just a couple :)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EZHof1K4VnI
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=te3qQQfnyhE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAKOrOWV7Q&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5vymR4yCY
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cGPibyM3Y&feature=related
 
 
enjoy the videos, im sure youll be booking a ticket soon :)
 
later
glen
 
btw, all the best in your new expansion
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:33:50 PM by drutin »
whatever spins your wheels:)

but if it aint a rotor it aint a motor :)

http://www.rotorworks.co.nz/ireland

Offline HaywardRotary

  • MRC Supporting Advertiser
  • Major Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,715
  • Karma: +54/-1
    • View Profile
    • Hayward Rotary
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »
I guess that watch this space is the order of the day for some powerful engines that are going to be quick up the strip. We are finally putting into operation alot of what we have been developing behind closed doors for the last few years.


Now finally we are building some serious stuff,so lets see how we do in 2009.

Regards
Carl
We warranty our rebuilt engines for Detonation, track day\'s and RWYB and NOW for 30 months which is two and half years or 30,000 miles
We also build all types of race or road engines.
We build race and track cars too.
Any kind of porting undertaken.
Single turbo conversions.
S

Offline HaywardRotary

  • MRC Supporting Advertiser
  • Major Contributor
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,715
  • Karma: +54/-1
    • View Profile
    • Hayward Rotary
Hayward Rotary Expanding!
« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2008, 06:57:29 PM »
Quote from: drutin;568141
hello,
 
since you asked :) bit off topic, sorry
i think youve missed the boat abit carl :), you should have been back in nz 5 years ago, it would have blowin your mind what rotor cars were about and what horsepower and setups they used in drag racing definately but also circuit racing,
even street cars, there were alot of 11/12 second daily drivers rotors and pistons about nevermind racing cars
i remember seeing mazda/ford vans towing rx2/3 etc but the van even had a rotary engine :)
it was an industry in its self
but now you wouldnt believe what there doing and the amount of cars that are modified, and how they are modified
 
i would define look up you tube
just a couple :)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EZHof1K4VnI
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=te3qQQfnyhE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAKOrOWV7Q&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5vymR4yCY
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cGPibyM3Y&feature=related
 
 
enjoy the videos, im sure youll be booking a ticket soon :)
 
later
glen
 
btw, all the best in your new expansion



Hi Glen,
I do talk to alot of guys back there,and keep up to an extent as my family still live there and my Bro keeps me informed.
Just wanted to chat with anyone who had been there recently.
Ta for the vids,have seen them before,but still great watching!:driving
Regards
Carl
We warranty our rebuilt engines for Detonation, track day\'s and RWYB and NOW for 30 months which is two and half years or 30,000 miles
We also build all types of race or road engines.
We build race and track cars too.
Any kind of porting undertaken.
Single turbo conversions.
S