Author Topic: Special New Rotary only Mineral oil  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Twilight

• MRC Overseas Guest
    • View Profile
Special New Rotary only Mineral oil
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
Quote from: Mazdarotaryparts;519103
MRP have put a lot of research into this new oil which IS a mineral oil but with all the capabilities of the very best synthetic oils on the market and not only that the properties of this oil are so good it can be used as an Engine Oil, a Gear Box Oil and a Differential Oil all out of one can indeed this oil has made the claim of being

As working in a oil distributor, i really cant believe this.

So the base is a mineral oil. What kind of additives are added into the base mineral oil? Mineral oil has better lubricating elements than a synthetic oil due less use of additivies (synthetic oils use very high additivies to make the oil withstand longer servicelimits). But the actual lubrication suffers from the additives used in Synthetic oil partly because the very high surfacepressure. Its great that we can start the engines in -25 degrees and the oil still keeps its formation in over 100 degrees plus we can drive almost 20000miles with the same oil. But oil cant do everything.

Main question; How long can you use your mineral oil in the engine between the services?

I understand the use in Engine, transmission and differential. Since the RX-7\'s diffrential doesent need LS additives.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2nd turbo kick and the wheelspin it caused is highly addictive.

Offline Mazdarotaryparts

• MRC Supporting Advertiser
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Special New Rotary only Mineral oil
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
Quote from: Twilight;575593
As working in a oil distributor, i really cant believe this.

So the base is a mineral oil. What kind of additives are added into the base mineral oil? Mineral oil has better lubricating elements than a synthetic oil due less use of additivies (synthetic oils use very high additivies to make the oil withstand longer servicelimits). But the actual lubrication suffers from the additives used in Synthetic oil partly because the very high surfacepressure. Its great that we can start the engines in -25 degrees and the oil still keeps its formation in over 100 degrees plus we can drive almost 20000miles with the same oil. But oil cant do everything.

Main question; How long can you use your mineral oil in the engine between the services?

I understand the use in Engine, transmission and differential. Since the RX-7\'s diffrential doesent need LS additives.

Sorry not sure what you don\'t beleive, if you ask specific questions I will get the answers from Prolong for you.

This should also answer some of the above questions,

A Rotary is different to a piston engine and you would never leave the oil in for 20,000 miles because of the slight petrol contamination you get, indeed if the oil gets to smelly it\'s best to change it,

Yes a lot of RX-7 guys change oil at 3,000 but Mazda recommends the RX-8 service intervals at 12,500 miles or 1 year in essentially the same engine, however the same as mentioned above Prolong is also able to withstand longer service limits.

My personal recomendation would be extend the milage interval if you wish just make sure the oil does not start to smell too much of petrol or if you see "mayonase", change it.

Don\'t forget that with this oil you get a full oil system warrenty that includes the apex seals  (tips) if they wear and as far as I know no other oil on the market offers this.

I have even asked if the warrenty applies if the compression is low and the answer was "Yes" because whilst the oil will not mend low compression it will stop the compression getting and worse due to wear.

Hope this helps
REgards
Clive

Mazdarotaryparts
Racingbeateurope
Racecarbattery
shyauto

We aim to help and assist our customers make the right choices for their Mazda Rotary or MX-5  whether they be standard or modified. If you need further assistance with your inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us:-
sales@mazdarotaryparts.com T:- 44 (0) 1474 361 800
sales@racingbeateurope.com T:- 44 (0) 1474 777 800
sales@shyauto.com             T:- 44 (0) 1474 771 800