Author Topic: Importing an RX7 from Japan  (Read 2261 times)

Offline interloper393

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Importing an RX7 from Japan
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »
soz the rear wing? re-am or knightsport i think...

Hey shafters car needs to go on the slimfast,:yes its overdid the turkey at chrimbo :P
--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

Offline Rotaryguru

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »
Quote from: interloper393
soz the rear wing? re-am or knightsport i think...

Hey shafters car needs to go on the slimfast,:yes its overdid the turkey at chrimbo :P

Yeah, all the goodies on it are Knightsports - So pretty pleased about that. The engine and gearbox were rebuilt in 2006, so am really hoping the previous owner had it done at Knightsports!!:2eek

Are we talking about the W-I-D-E kitted black on I saw a few photos of in Japan - is so, very, very cool. :Giggle

Offline jurgen

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
its far from dead bud.. the right cars in good nick will easily sale, problem with most car dealers is they just want a quick turnaround so they aint to bothered about the condiction of what there buying (just from my experiance)
Everycar iv bought i put many hours into before they go up for sale, speak to anyone who knows me and they`ll tell u that, i like to make mine stand out that little bit more and im doing very well at the mo :)
Iv usually got about 3-4 cars for sale so i can spend the time fixing problems and running them as my own car to check everythings ok with them...its a hobby for me thats turning into a nice little business.

you will do well mate thats how i started and 6 years on we got 26 cars arriving end of jan 3 still not sold but sure will

Offline RemarkLima

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://m-theory.co.uk/Exige
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »
Quote from: Rotaryguru
This is what I was going to do. But I have to bring it back into London. I\'m sure a copcar would see me driving it with no plates and \'whoop, whoop\' big fine. :mad:

Bit late on this but I imported my gf\'s figaro from Japan, picked it up from Southampton docks as well. But just booked it in for an MOT local to me, I\'ve got trade insurance as well so was covered there and drove all the way back to Essex.

Noone even batted an eyelid, it\'s the great way this country\'s going, loads of cameras, no patrols what-so-ever, so while I was legal I was expecting to be pulled over a couple of times at least, but nothing at all... :Hammer :Hammer :Hammer

Nice motor there, hope all goes well with it :D
Montego Blue 94 R2 FD3S... Bling not included.

shafster

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 07:25:33 PM »
Quote from: Rotaryguru
Are we talking about the W-I-D-E kitted black on I saw a few photos of in Japan - is so, very, very cool. :Giggle

yeah thats the one matey. it landed at southampton docks last monday on the ship grande roma. im gonna do a couple of things to it to finish it off and get it ready for show season :)

it certainly did :D

its here and ready to hit the streets. took some pics but as it was dark here and coming down with rain, they looked awful. so im taking some more tomorrow. it managed to make it over in one piece which im happy about. just a small crack on the rear bumper which should be easy enough to sort.