Author Topic: Wishing you all a Great time at Rotorstock 4  (Read 1907 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Wishing you all a Great time at Rotorstock 4
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »
Dear All,

Many thanks to every body who is going to be supporting MRC and Rotorstock 4 by physically coming along because without your support there would be no Rotorstock.

Going by the 126 advance tickets that Lisa has sent out and with most being for the whole weekend, this weekend Rotorstock 4 should be by far the biggest group of Mazda Rotaries ever seen in Europe.

I would like to give huge thanks to the people behind the scenes who have worked hard to bring you this event which has entailed a huge amount of time and effort since November last year with some things not finalised till as recently as yesterday!

Please let us not forget that with out Rotorstock many other Japanese car owners would never have ever taken our Rotary powered cars seriously and also that no other Japanese car club would have been invited by Santa Pod as your club has, to operate their own event at the Pod like MRC has been and I believe that every member of Mazdarotaryclub should be proud this weekend that their club is spearheading not just another Japshow at Santa Pod but a first of it’s kind event.  

Rotorstock will be the first event at the Pod to take RWYB cars on the Saturday and give them the opportunity to qualify for racing properly on the Sunday and I look forward to hopefully some of our own quick Rotaries qualifying this way.

Another first will be competitive Drifting with the Rotorstock Drift Championships and lastly lots of Drag track time compared to any other event by not having demo “things” so the enthusiast is put first to play in his car and spends as little time queuing in the fire-up lane and gets Maximum time on the strip especially on Saturday.

Much has been made on two separate occasions about “other” Rotary cars attending but I will remind our members that Santa Pod is a money making organisation and we had to walk into the first meeting with something to sell them and what we sold them was the first pure Japanese Event in Europe of this type which personally I thought was natural seeing as we are a Japanese car club.

To anyone who has felt excluded by the decisions made I would remind them that in the 5 and a half years we have only ever witnessed just 2 appearances of non Mazda Rotaries at any MRC events, one by an NSU RO80 at Rotorstock 2 years ago and another RO80 at Brooklands 4 years ago also in spite of even holding a Spring Rotorshow once a year for all Rotary’s none are to be seen and therefore we cannot make decisions that alters a whole event based on “maybe” one car.

However I will remind you all that MRC has never ever said to anybody with any Rotary that they are not welcome on any MRC club stand at any event indeed I was immensely sadden by Michael (TravllinBob) believing he would now not feel welcome at an MRC event indeed it would have been nice to see him again knowing that he enjoyed last years Rotorstock the way he did.

Lastly on this sour note I know from the many members who have contacted myself and the team that the heckling on this subject has now gone far enough an that from now on team@mazdarotaryclub will operate the wishes stated by our members to keep the anti MRC aggressiveness recently witnessed under closer scrutiny reference this link http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41291  

Right with that out of the way I am now only left with the most important thing to say to each and every one of you,

I Hope You All Have a Great Time at Rotorstock and come away with lots of good memories and newfound friends.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:02:05 AM by Brett »
All the best Clive

James B

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:23:55 PM »
Amazing achievement to organise this so thanks from a grateful member to Clive, Lisa and the MRC team for making this possible.

James

Offline gsb876

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.GSBAINSBOOKS.COM
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »
Well said Clive,

Will see you and Lisa early on Sunday morning :Party

Gurj
"Every generation has the chance to change the world"

Mills & Bains guest author :Giggle

Offline peterwolds

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:35:27 PM »
spot on clive,sorry wont be there but wish all great weather & track time
:Typing Pete

Offline ro284

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:16 PM »
James B   Amazing achievement to organise this so thanks from a grateful member to Clive, Lisa and the MRC team for making this possible.

Ditto, what James said,:Thumbsup!
Bob

Offline Kash_

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:05:07 PM »
well done Team MRC :Thumbs-up

Offline andyroi

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:11:58 PM »
Well done to all the team, Thanks for organising what should be a great event. Ill be there bot days, so see you on saturday!

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 10:28:59 PM »
We will have a couple of "new" people on the stand that I hope you will all make feel welcome with one being the man who I told you of a while back who is not on computer, Gordon who is now our new FD owner at 79 years old and attending his first MRC event.

The other is Kees from Holland who came for the day last year with his special 3rd Gen (the one with the vertical bonnet), this year he is coming for three days:Thumbs-up .

Sadly this year he won\'t be in his 3rd Gen as he blew it up in the time attack at Zandvort, he has explained to me that his dilemma has been what to come in, the 1st Gen with his 1st Gen half car trailer or his yellow RX-8.

He has chosen the RX-8 to come in and will line up to open the meeting along side Ray\'s RX-8 (rote8 ).
All the best Clive

Offline Clarky

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • East Sussex
    • View Profile
    • Nuts Bolts & Things
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 10:44:39 PM »
Congrats to Clive & Lisa, and team for all their hard work and determination, in the creation of Rotostock number 4
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself...
But i can always do with some help now due to, my advancing years!

Offline TRex

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 11:35:26 PM »
As above really.... :yes

Been to the last 2 Rotorstock events and always had a good time... Good Racing and Social banter.
 Hopefully this one tops them all as I think the Santa Pod layout is better suited...

Good Luck to all and even better luck with your Machines there are back..  :Thumbs-up

Rgds
 :3gears-rh
TRex the Ecowarrior - Recycling exhaust gas and using it to create energy. Just doing my bit

Offline m4drx

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fduk.org/forum
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 11:39:23 PM »
are you coming mr trex? :)
fduk.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 11:48:35 PM »
Quote from: hamc
Congrats to Clive & Lisa, and team for all their hard work and determination, in the creation of Rotostock number 4

Ah but it\'s not just us, we will name n shame after the event:rolleyes: .

Hopefully you sorted your car?
All the best Clive

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 12:21:18 AM »
Really looking forward to it - can\'t wait!!!! :Thumbs-up :Party

Big thankyou to all involved :wave

Offline sadgoth

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.japspy.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:30 AM »
looking forward to it, just wish the car was ready :( Tim, Matt and Ian have really tried to get it done but what with Mr Impey\'s car being in and out of the shop between his super quick quarters and the workload being huge, they could only start putting it all back tigether on Monday. There is just too much fabrication to finish in time!
Mark
89 Black FC3S Turbo II
1/2 Bridge port   Microtech LT10s   TII Conv Aluminium Bonnet & Leather seats   Koni Shocks Pi Springs   De-catted 3" exhaust  
GT4088 turbo   Walbro fuel pump   1000cc injectors   custom V-Mount   Blitz Boost Controller (ok so the boost controller is still to fit)

Loud? Hell yes! :D

Offline Ian@TunerUK

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »
Big thanks to all involved to make this possible, I\'ve a feeling it\'s going to be a really good weekend!!

See you all Saturday :guinness