Author Topic: UK spec vs Jap spec 3rd Gen RX7  (Read 3654 times)

HPI_UK

UK spec vs Jap spec 3rd Gen RX7
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 11:28:13 PM »
Brian u know your stuff, all my cars have mileage verification and come with service history booklets - Japanese auctions are very thorough and they state an unknown mileage if they feel the car doesn\'t have genuine mileage or speedo change, you also get all the equivalent MOT certs for each year with a complete car inspection with each section from clutch to gear box to engine etc being examined and a relevant comment given. Could show you on if u like. Its really quite amazing how much they do check.

Cheers

Ad.

Offline Grizzly

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2003, 11:29:13 PM »
?. Its an Auction. Japanies Auctions are no Diffrent to any other around the world, its to get rid of cars quick. I admit they may have the Milage on the Clock but in the UK we have things like HPI. You dont in Japan.

Auctions are Bought as Seen. This is why you need to know your Stuff when buying from them.

Man i do work for a Import place that is one of the largest in cheshire and honistly the Quality of his Low malage 1 owner cars is realy Bad.

Chris

P.s. U what? Clockers. Now how do you get to know them?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 11:33:40 PM by Grizzly »

HPI_UK

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2003, 11:37:57 PM »
Chris i feel you have no knowledge on thsi matter, In Japan the secondhand car market is very small and cars are a lot cheaper than here, they also have to under go very stringent tests which makes cars unviable to keep, thus they are sold and Exported to mainly New Zealand/Australia and England. The Japanese auction system also has very strict gradings and full descriptions of vehicles, they are inspected before auction and after auction ( after the auction by your agent to ensure all is ok ). You then have a contract with the auction house with the auction sheet they provide you with. In order to bid in Japan you have to have a Licence A these are limited and b they are VERY expensive. There are a lot of 1 owner cars with full history, bear in mind there is access to over 70,000 cars a week, all cars re-painted, accident damaged, parts replaced ( all panels ) are graded 0 or P gradings for damaged cars. Also highly modded cars are graded KAY, the system is far different to our medieval con amn auctions here in England. The Japanese are a very honest race and i have never had a problem as yet with their auction system, you just have to choose the right vehicles with the right grading/history to ensure a good car.

Cheers

Adam.

Oh and http://www.bimta.org Japanese HPI check!

Offline Grizzly

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2003, 11:40:45 PM »
Do you have a Guy there to check every car you buy?

Ok i hav\'nt bought a car from japan, but i know a man who has, lots. He is a Buisness man he buys low milage cars that will sell well hear then tidys them up when they get to the Uk. Now this puts me right of the hole Jap thing.

You are right there are people out there who do import realy poor cars and tart them up for sale, i dont mean every one does it you may be one of the few quality Importers but there out there.

The Uk cars can be clocked as you say but this can be easily checked by old MOT\'s etc

Chris
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 11:51:01 PM by Grizzly »

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2003, 11:43:04 PM »
Your mistaken again if you think car auctions are the same around the world. Car auctions in uk are nothing like cars auctions japan. Thinking they are all alike will explain some of your opinions in these post. You do not have private car sales in Japan like we do over here. Cars are sold via dealers or auctions. The normal mode of selling a car over here is autotrader exchange and mart etc. The normal mode in Japan is auctions. I think because you hear the word auction all of asudden you think of horror stories in uk concerning auctions. You can buy absolute crap in Japan the same as you can in any country some cars are well kept some are not, that is really down to the import company.
I can tell you from first hand experience that history and detailed info of the cars whether speedo has been replaced and what mileage it was replaced or if a mileage is suspect and cannot be confirmed. I have full info when I import a car. I got Japanese service history sitting upstairs right now.
regarding clockers read my post carefully again.

rgds
Brian

HPI_UK

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2003, 11:44:41 PM »
Of course, i would be stupid not to after all. Thats what i pay them for.

All the inspection reports for each year state mileage like our MOTS.

Adam.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 11:49:39 PM by HPI_UK »

HPI_UK

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2003, 11:48:12 PM »
Just to put my foot in it a do have a UK spec Supra. :D

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2003, 11:51:24 PM »
If I buy a car in Japan I have someone inspect the car aside from the auction pictures / report I see. If i have them purchase the car and the find any issue with it not stated in auction details it\'s taken back to the auction house and I have my money intact still, though this has never happened.
As Hpi uk stated the Japanese are very honest people, and I have never had a issue with them or anything I have purchased.

Brian

Offline Grizzly

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2003, 11:54:58 PM »
BNA_ELLIS, can i ask you somthing, do you belive that every one buys the higher priced quality cars for sale in the UK? just becouse you might not there are people hear that do! thats why there are some not very nice Imports hear. They also leave them self open to clocking strait of the boat. I have no problem with legit Imports that have history and Proof of milage, but not all do thats my point.

Chris

HPI_UK

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2003, 11:58:32 PM »
Chris thats true, a lot of low grade cars are sold in the UK, i just wouldn\'t buy a car without the auction sheet if i was looking.  It was when i was searching for an import myself i noticed the amount of poor quality cars available and thus i started my own business.:D  Just be careful who you buy off.

Ad.

Offline Jus

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2003, 11:59:20 PM »
The import business is great for giving the customer options, in turn price will be lowered because of the high numbers of car\'s, of the same model being available.

However, I\'m not an importer nor would my first choice be to purchase a jap import from Japan! There are lot\'s of good examples here for sale right now in the UK, Jap or UK car\'s.

If the car from Japan is a real steal, consisting of lot\'s of aftermarket goddies then great. But personally I think the market is getting flooded with the Rx7, bringing the price too low, in my opinion.

They must be Jap imports here in the UK that have UK receipts/engine rebuilds etc... If not I would stray away, until you find the right one!

IMO

Regards...

Jus
1994 UK SPEC

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2003, 12:02:19 AM »
Chris I agree with you. My main point was that the crap ones that come over here are not because the importers have been deceived into buying something they thought was better or because the auction house was not honest about the cars details.
Personally I would advise someone who is going to look at a jap car and they have any doubts about the car ask the importer for the auction sheet, cause if a car has 40,000 km on the auction sheet yet the dash board only shows 12,000 miles then obviously  it\'s been clocked. If  a dealer can\'t show you a auction sheet then I say if your unsure don\'t buy it.

rgds

Brian

Offline Grizzly

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2003, 12:05:10 AM »
Do you see where i am coming from? i see lots of poor cars and so you tend to think Umm would i spend thousends and months  waiting for this car?

Chris

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2003, 12:15:26 AM »
Yep, that\'s fair enough. Don\'t blame you really. Same as Adam really thats one of the main reasons I started my business also.
To give british public good examples. Thats how it started, but problem was that everyone jumped on the band wagon and became greedy getting the lower graded higher mileage for next to nothing and getting maximum earnings, while selling the public bad examples of good cars.

Brian

Offline Jus

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2003, 12:19:04 AM »
Bang ya furry dice in and everybody shall be happy!

Jus
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
1994 UK SPEC