lol. Ok I found out why it wasn\'t producing full boost. A bit embarrasing really, I had checked the link positioning of the wastegate/actuator, and it always seemed to return to closed. I decided to spray the actuator with plenty of WD40, but not too much to cause a fire, and hey presto! It works!
So for anyone else thinking of doing the conversion due to problems, make sure the wastegate and actuator is not sticking like it had been doing on mine first! All happy now, although I think I may be best getting a boost control put on, as the factory set up is ok but not 100% perfect for the non-sequential.
I have found through lots of study the factory boost set up works like this:
Actuator works on a pressure system, more pressure in the actuator means more open the wastegate is. Less pressure keeps it more closed. The ECU has a preset map, where the wastegate solonoid pulses open to allow pressure to drop in the w/g actuator to keep the boost pressure up, and opens it up depending where in the rev range you are at.
The two solonoids bolted to the front of the UIM are the same, as well as the purge solonoid, thats bolted on its own behind the alternator near the nest.
I do kinda miss the low down boost, but then I now have more normal car drivablilty around town, yet still have the fun driving out of town! Trust me its made a nice difference around town as before I could barely press the throttle to pull out of junctions with out lighting up the rears or drifting out. lol.