Author Topic: Look at this for a compression reading!  (Read 523 times)

Offline Ultraman_Cosmo

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djphilmanns
Look at this for a compression reading!
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »
Got back from Bromley Pageant today (didnt see one mazda rotary!) and decided to do a compression test on my 1969 Ro80 and am rather pleased with the result. It\'s just faultlessly done another continental trip bringing the mileage of the engine to 22,000. Not a huge mileage I know but considering virtually every article you read about the ro80 comes up with nonsense of engines lasting 10,000 miles i think it\'s fair to say this has at least the same again and more left in it!

Cosmo 110S,  RX4 Coupe, RX7, RX8, JC Cosmo 20B, NSU Ro80\'s etc......

Offline vxer

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »
Is that 10.5 bar on each beat of both rotors?

I guess Ro80s have different compression than 13Bs, because a brand new engine is only 8 bar! :)

Cheers, Paul.

Offline Iwan

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rotary-imports.de
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »
Quote from: Ultraman_Cosmo
Got back from Bromley Pageant today (didnt see one mazda rotary!) and decided to do a compression test on my 1969 Ro80 and am rather pleased with the result. It\'s just faultlessly done another continental trip bringing the mileage of the engine to 22,000. Not a huge mileage I know but considering virtually every article you read about the ro80 comes up with nonsense of engines lasting 10,000 miles i think it\'s fair to say this has at least the same again and more left in it!

compression tester for RO80, nice! I know only one mate here in Germany who own one. Works fine on Mazda engines to. I think this one was called "motester"

REgards
Iwan

Oh, I see, it\'s called "Motometer"
still remember,
NO ROTOR, NO MOTOR !