Author Topic: my rx8 and ebay  (Read 1140 times)

Yvonne

my rx8 and ebay
« on: October 29, 2003, 04:35:20 PM »
Hi I am getting an RX-8 later this month.

i have been having a helluva time with Mazda this last week, they have been promising delivery dates for months and for the last week it has been "you\'ll hear at the end of the week" then the beginning of next week, then the end of the week again etc etc.
Ultimately I found out that all the dealers had been given the dates but my dealer had no dates, customer care couldn\'t tell me why and you can\'t contact mazda head office except by email and they had gone home for the w/end.  They were all being completely useless and kept giving the excuse that their \'system\' was down.
On this monday i got a letter saying my dealer (Hassops in Willesden) had been disenfranchised by mazda but there was a new dealership which would take over our cars. I phoned them, they had a list of 37 cars but no order nos. or names to go with them.  Most worrying was that there was no car on the list that fitted the spec I had ordered.
I very annoyed and upset by this point.

Yesterday they told me that the car will come 27th Nov.  I was disappointed that it was so late, as I had expected to be one of the first ones as I had put down a deposit long before the order books opened but relieved they hadn\'t lost the order.

However, the first rx8 came into the dealership yesterday and was a silver one like mine, so I went over and had a look at it, it was absolutely gorgeous and the engine noise was great. The interior spec seemed much better than the blue demonstrator i had seen before. It surpassed all my expectations and they have promised me a test drive soon.

Also have a look at this
it appeared on ebay.co.uk today. its a mazdasport pack for the rX8
 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2440155206&category=23012  
 do you know anything about this kind of thing, how much would it expect to cost. etc. is it bona fide.

did you also see that someone is trying to sell his RX8 on ebay but it finishes today

greetings to all
Y

Offline MikeLMR

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
my rx8 and ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 04:51:26 PM »
the only question I would ask is if it is in stock now why does he have a photo of a part booklet and not the actual parts (even if they are still boxed it prooves they have the parts. )

Mike "trust no one":rollin

Yvonne

my rx8 and ebay
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 07:35:46 PM »
trusting people is always a problem but I have checked his feedback which is all good and he does appear to sell cars.
Also he is in Surrey and if I bought the goods I would insist on picking up the goods and paying then.

I also wrote to him and this was his reply.
"MAZDASPEED kits are manufactured by Mazda themselves in there own factory so
any dealer should have no problem fitting these kits.They carry a 3,500
pounds retail in Japan and to my knowledge I am the only uk importer at this
time. This kit needs to retail at £4,500 to cover importing costs however
I\'ll just wait and see what this first kit sells for."

so it is possible that it is a genuine potential bargain.

Having said that, I am not sure the car needs too many embellishments.

thanks
Y

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
my rx8 and ebay
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 11:14:14 PM »
Hi Yvonne and welcome to Mazdarotaryclub,

Real pleased your wait is almost over and your happy with the car you have chosen.

Poor old dealers and Mazda U/K must be thankful the saga of the wait for the first RX-8\'s is now over as they must have had a torrid time with this delay as they have been messed  about just as much as their customers due to Japan keep putting the cars back !

But think of it this way there would have been no delays if the car hadn\'t been a success in the Land where it\'s built !!.

I am sure with the way you felt  when you witnessed your first production RX-8 will mean that the day you drive your wonderful new car down the road any problems you have endured will quickly fade away.

All the best Clive
clive@mazdarotaryclub.com
http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com
http://www.mazdaRX-8club.com
All the best Clive