Author Topic: What to look for when purchasing an FD (3rd gen.) RX-7  (Read 21067 times)

Offline waqas_RX7

• Contributor
    • View Profile
What to look for when purchasing an FD (3rd gen.) RX-7
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »
Very handy write-up, will take this into consideration ;) as i am viewing a RX-7 this weekend.

Leooo

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 03:09:03 PM »
AmazIng stuff. Thank you to all those questions and answers I now have much more of an idea what I\'m doing.. All that is left now is to get my head around the different model types lol..

Offline trotter

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/graeme.trotter
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Quote from: Leooo;780012
AmazIng stuff. Thank you to all those questions and answers I now have much more of an idea what I\'m doing.. All that is left now is to get my head around the different model types lol..

I wouldn\'t worry about it too much, unless you\'re going for a 1999-2002 model they are all much of a muchness. Some had slightly harder suspension, some had sunroofs, some had auto-boxes, some had rear seats, some had twin oil coolers. If you\'re planning on modding it then find an auto or manual (whichever you prefer) and go from there!!

graeme
Work hard, play hard house :D

Leooo

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
Thanks trotter, I have got my eye on a silver one, recently rebuilt by super 7 autos who have confirmed the work that has been done. Even he said how rust free / reliable it is. He did recommend a re map though as it\'s got exhaust and air filters with no other mods so I will take that into consideration. I\'m tempted to go single turbo or sequential while I do it as Im used to RWD cars / the power. But perhaps have a gentle map so to speak to keep reliability up. I\'m just not sure of the coatings.. There\'s probably a whole lot of other stuff you have to do with a single turbo but not necessarily with a sequential set up?..

Offline trotter

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/graeme.trotter
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
silver FTW!! ;)

I assume you mean non-sequential. It comes from the factory as sequential!!!

graeme
Work hard, play hard house :D

Leooo

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
That\'s exactly what I mean :D I\'m on my way to pick it up now! It\'s not the original silver one rebuilt by super 7 autos but a different silver 1996 rebuilt by WGT. I\'ll load up some pictures later on a new thread. That too has got air filter and exhaust but no remap.. I don\'t want to remap it if I am going to shorten the life span but on the other hand I don\'t want it running rich etc. Need to get the dials changed from kmh to mph!

Offline Arnie_O

• Major Contributor
  • Boosted RENESIS
    • South Ockendon, Essex
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aston.osborne?ref=profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »
Can we sticky this up?
Turbocharged 192ps RX-8 running Meth Injection on an Adaptronic
Fully Bridgeported 231ps RX-8 stripped for the Track
2nd Gen RX-7 TurboII on a GT35r (show winner)