Author Topic: Ricco\'s Ride  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« on: December 04, 2005, 11:42:45 PM »
Well thought I should get some piccies up.

Its a 1995 UK Spec FD.  No mods as yet.  30,000 Miles on Mazda rebuilt engine. Received a full respray and I love it! Uber Uber fun!!

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 11:47:53 PM »
That looks the dogs danglies!!! :D
At the end of the day, it\'s meant to be fun - not a political movement! :burnout
[xbox.card]BrettMRC[/xbox.card]

Offline Steve Burnett

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 08:01:30 AM »
Real nice looking car you have there. Very clean and original.

GeckoGareth

Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:57:29 AM »
Looking great, wish I could afford to get my montego blue resprayed :)
Was it a mazda rebuild under warranty? Mine still had mazda gold warranty when I got it but at £400+ a year to keep it up I let it lapse, mine as far as I can tell had a new engine according to the paperwork.

cheers

G

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 02:32:36 PM »
Thsnk you for the kind comments!  :wave

Both previous owners always took it to Mazda to have any work it ever needed done.  The rebuild was completed by New Coventery Mazda.  I actually still have the itemised bill - came to about £4,800!!  :eek

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 12:21:50 AM »
Finially got round to sorting the suspension.  Went for Tein Superstreet\'s and I\'m loving them.  Had them fitted on Tuesday :

Before

Very bad after picture!

And one to show the drop on the front - They come ready set up to just bolt on (so you can try them and adjust to your likeing)

Going to get them all laser alighned next week and will probably drop the back a few more mill.

big_spin_flip

Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 08:53:02 AM »
Very nice mate!!!!

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 06:42:17 PM »
Realised that I havn\'t put any pictures of my new toys - like we need reasons! :King

WGT Stainless scilenced mid-pipe :

Nasty arrangement of Commander and boost guage (gonna start a new thread to see what to do about this!) :

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 06:42:49 PM »
Could a mod please edit my first post and paste this over JUST the images that where on there and then  delete this post (sorry to be a pain but it looks poo when the 1st post is all broken links)  Thank you :wave

Iain C

Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »
Thats a minter mate!
Very nice.
How are the coilovers? I fancy a set..Are they the £500 ish ones?

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 01:28:55 AM »
They are Tein Superstreets.  I have to say they are spot on.  They have lowered the car by at least 35mm all round (if not slightly more) with the out of the box setup.  Could do with another 10-15mm lowered on the back.

Ride wise, they feel ever so slightly harder as the stock suspension.  I really couldn\'t tell much to be honest. Probably due to the pre-springs on the front.  Also bear in mind my stock suspension was goosed!

These are more than the £500 ones.  I am led to believe that the £500ish ones do not include pillowball mounts or springs or both.  Didnt really ask, was just glad to get some of the handling sorted! :chat   (I can check if you would like to know - unless someone else does know?)

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 07:00:36 PM »
Fitted a new bush, had new tyres and the alighnment done the other week.  Car handles soooooo much better now.  Alighnment I would like adjusting more as they would only adjust it so it\'s inside the factory tolerences but here are my results :

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 07:59:16 PM »
Due to be going for a remap soon so about to get fuelling sorted and new cat back on the way.  I also brought a ReAmemiya SMIC a while ago.  I’m too sussed about shiny shiny stuff so here’s what’s been done to the IC:

Started off with this:

Gave it good clean, rub down and already looks neater with the primer on:

A couple coats of satin black later and voila.  Think it looks a bit neater.  Hard pipes are also done too.

I now need to get some 4x3” pipes to join the hard pipe’s up.  Silicone is shiny so I guess I will have to find some rubber – trouble is where to find 3” rubber.  Anyone knows or has a suggestion for an alternative?

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 02:04:40 PM »
Finially got round to fitting it :

I was going to get some black hose to replace the blue stuff (all new clips to go on at same time)  but not sure wether red hose would look better?? :3Confused

Also toying with the idea of modifying the standard ducting to make it fit again (will also supply another feed of air to the filters & battery) or to make up an alloy plate (satin black again) to fill the same area?? :3Confused

Anyway, fuel pump will be fitted today (hopefully!) and then the plenum is off after for the fuel setup - not looking forward to that! :2Confused

Offline interloper393

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Ricco\'s Ride
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »
that kakimoto exhaust really dosnt suit the car, plus is also cause very bad detonation in the engine.. should sell it asap bud :yes
--------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------