Author Topic: 21 single and need insurance  (Read 1790 times)

Offline power_king

• View Profile
21 single and need insurance
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 11:43:33 AM »
Beginning to wonder if all this modified business is what it\'s cracked up to be, I\'ve just had a quote based on 400bhp (had to notch it down 100 to get a competitive quote) and Adrian Flux quoted me £6538 based on 1 years NCB!!!!!!!!!
Where\'s the logic in that?????

MissRX7

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 02:07:38 PM »
Yeah thanks for the tip gareth but iv checked it and all seems fine :)
Sorry i forgot to add though i actually have the uk version rx so its probably  quite a bit cheaper to insure!  :cool

Offline Jono FD3

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.d-signstudio.com
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 05:56:18 PM »
Quote from: rx7-mark
Just had a quote from bell, i\'m well happy 706.45.fully comp.. now thats more like it....

Have a look at Firebond,
I\'m 25,
no NCB,
No experiance with performance cars,
Firtst insurance in my name,
Driving since 17
and I\'m paying £520 fully comp under a classic insurance (limited milage though!)

Jono

Offline Jono FD3

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 05:59:28 PM »
Quote from: GeckoGareth
I\'m sure bell are part of some other group. Check the CC size stated, I\'d put money on it they quoted you on an RX7 with a CC of something like 2314cc not 2616cc. If that\'s the case and not 2616cc then they\'re quoting on an FC not an FD and they are much cheaper to insure.

But having said that G, if you tell them the year of manufacture and that it\'s a TWIN TURBO, then just keep quiet ;)
Jono

davpowell

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 07:39:47 PM »
think they just make up insurance differnent for every1 its like they do it random ive got similar details to that of other 21 year olds on here. but im tryin elephant, bell etc and gettin quotes over 2000 grand with 3 years driving 2 yrs nc, and pass plus. any help pls cos desperate to buy one but dont wanna pay that much insurance, around 1000 im happy with.
cheers

Offline Turbotez

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 07:52:53 PM »
I just had a look on elephant, £1200!!

21, 1ync, driving 3 1/2yrs

The secret is to put a parent as a named drive, (preferably MOM) and live in the middle of know where!!!

EDIT: they would only do me fully comp
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 07:53:25 PM by Turbotez »
Beemer for sale

davpowell

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 08:00:04 PM »
tried that mate not having none of it lol. live in surrey so that cant be that high dont think anyway.
was ur quote on twin turbo import though?

ScuttleRX

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 08:04:35 PM »
is it going to be your daily runner, or do you have another car? If its your 2nd car classic policy (if 10 years old or over) on a limited mileage should be cheapest way to go

Offline Turbotez

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 08:06:53 PM »
That was on a twin turbot import yes
Beemer for sale

davpowell

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 08:10:45 PM »
just as a weekend car really i use a van for daily use. so thats why im not that worried about running costs as it wont be used everyday all though im sure ill be tempted. wot sort of mpg do you get? this insurancing thing is really ****ing me off lol

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 09:12:21 PM »
The best thing to do in my opinion is just to get a piece of paper infront of you, write down all the numbers and names of loads of companies (at least 30!!) and phone them all!  That way has always worked best for me.

Dont worry about the phone bill as there will not be one.  Virtually all insurance companies are freephone quote numbers.

And I did say 30 - It doesnt take as long as you think.  I almost gave up on mine but the last company I tried quoted less than half of the next best (thay have been mentioned several times already!)

You have to try, I even had the phone put down on me from one company cause they thought I was taking the Pi55!

Another tip is to just say first thing - Will you insure a XX year old for an RX-7 (and if modified).  Some companies wont insure you if you are under 25 or if the car is modified etc etc - just saves giving all your details, getting junk and saves time!

HTH, Ricco

Offline anthony

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.b4mrx.com
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 04:00:23 PM »
you guys best watch out as ive been just asking for mazda rx -7 type r sometimes or twin turbo. and getting quotes

now when i come to accept ive found out my type r is actually 2616 engine.
put that in your quote and its doubled.

my smallest quote is £1986 with firebond.
elephant = £3000
bell = £3000
norwich union = wont insure 2.6
admiral = £3000

im really upset. atleast i have the firebond one but i was not really looking to pay that kind of money for insurance :((

Offline Jono FD3

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 05:12:45 PM »
Quote from: anthony
you guys best watch out as ive been just asking for mazda rx -7 type r sometimes or twin turbo. and getting quotes

now when i come to accept ive found out my type r is actually 2616 engine.
put that in your quote and its doubled.

my smallest quote is £1986 with firebond.
elephant = £3000
bell = £3000
norwich union = wont insure 2.6
admiral = £3000

im really upset. atleast i have the firebond one but i was not really looking to pay that kind of money for insurance :((

I know what you mean mate!! the 2.6 thing is a load of Bo***s, as every one knows they are a 1.3!!!
So what the hell is going on with these insurance companies..... can\'t they read the mazda manual or press releases???
It\'s like date rape but more expensive!!!!

JOno

Offline gmogle

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 05:19:30 PM »
I tried Adrian Flux and they quoted me 2k and I was 25 at the time !!

Tried loads of others and Houghton came up trumps in the end until it came to renewal time....

They quoted me more than I was originally quoted. A mate on the GTR website told me to ring A-Plan, I did and they came back after 30 mins giving me a quote that was over a 100 squid cheaper, no limited mileage, protected no claims and all my mods is 600 squid. I\'d give them a ring, they are just a broker and check whats the best quote for you.

Number is 0845 071 1234 speak to Matt, he sorted my insurance out.

Let us know how you got on.

Gareth

Offline anthony

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.b4mrx.com
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 06:00:48 PM »
Quote from: gmogle
I tried Adrian Flux and they quoted me 2k and I was 25 at the time !!

Tried loads of others and Houghton came up trumps in the end until it came to renewal time....

They quoted me more than I was originally quoted. A mate on the GTR website told me to ring A-Plan, I did and they came back after 30 mins giving me a quote that was over a 100 squid cheaper, no limited mileage, protected no claims and all my mods is 600 squid. I\'d give them a ring, they are just a broker and check whats the best quote for you.

Number is 0845 071 1234 speak to Matt, he sorted my insurance out.

Let us know how you got on.

Gareth

will ring them tomorrow as they are shut now :(
are you guys actually asking to check the engine size as they always pick these up as 2354s instead of the 2616 which is what its mean to be for an FD.