Author Topic: New parts for my FD  (Read 866 times)

Offline Oliver

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
New parts for my FD
« on: July 28, 2003, 07:18:20 PM »
After waiting 6 months :(

I first want to thank Geff at REworx for hanging in there with me. I was about to throw in the towel.....

Today, my new Metalit Super Catalyzer from Knight Sports arrived from Japan. Back in Febuary. Brian (BNA-ELLIS) and I spent alot of time talking about high flow cats for our cars. In the end, we agreed. Who ever got one first would let the other one know (to help eachother out) because we could not find anyone in europe who had a high flow imported from Japan. I am now looking forward to finally pulling the heavy and slowly clogging old stock main cat off and bolt this nice shinny HF on :D

I also got my new Project Mu (B-force) brake pads from the States on Saturday. It\'s been a great 3 days and I still have a few months before winter!!:D

Offline Oliver

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »
closer view

Offline Oliver

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 07:21:46 PM »
My project mu pads which I installed on Sunday :)

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 09:50:01 PM »
Hi Oliver,

Good news finally!! When you going to get them fitted ??
My mechanic does not think much of high flow cats in general on fd\'s as he says the stock cat is alot bigger than the aftermarket ones and flow just as well if not better than most?
Will be very interesting to see how well it works. I need to get my apexi ecu mapped properly and dyno\'d before I do any more mods. As I said before those project mu pads are very highly rated in japan. I think I will go that route too when my current ones wear out.
Talk to you soon mate.

rgds

Offline MikeLMR

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 10:22:05 PM »
looks very shiney ... what does it look like inside ?

Offline Oliver

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 04:02:05 PM »
Originally posted by BNA_ELLIS
Hi Oliver,

Good news finally!! When you going to get them fitted ??
My mechanic does not think much of high flow cats in general on fd\'s as he says the stock cat is alot bigger than the aftermarket ones and flow just as well if not better than most?
Will be very interesting to see how well it works. I need to get my apexi ecu mapped properly and dyno\'d before I do any more mods. As I said before those project mu pads are very highly rated in japan. I think I will go that route too when my current ones wear out.
Talk to you soon mate.

rgds

Hey Brian -
Ya, you know how I was climbing the walls :)

I really hope to have it on by sunday. I am trying to see if I can get my car dyno\'d before then but it\'s not looking good. Like you, I need some dyno time. It would be nice to see what the performance difference is ? I might have to wait later next month and test them then?

I haven\'t had a chance to push the new pads on a track. I am going to sweden in August so I will let you know how they workout. On the street they are very nice. no noise and so far only vary little dust. I\'m very happy with them. Time will tell.

Hi Mike, I will take a photo later of mine but here is a photo from Knight sports.

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2003, 07:26:34 PM »
Hi Oliver don\'t know if you have had a chance to test out you knightsports metalit yet, but I drove a 99 type rs for a about a week it had apexi power fc and a knightsports metalit the rest was standrad and it absolutely flies, looking forward to your report.

rgds

Offline Oliver

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
\'99 type RS :) are you getting one Brian?

I did install it on Sunday. Took about an hour by myself, taking my time and cleaning up the underbody while I was there. The sound on start up is best described as, turning the volume knob up on my RB duel tip exhaust. It\'s a bit louder but NICE...no doubt about it. Drove it to the motorway after adding a little fuel to be safe. It sounds deep, would like to follow my car to really hear the difference.. Very nice improvement on power. I normally see boost at 11.5 psi but it shot to 12.5 -13 psi very quickly. I didn\'t drive it hard or flat out because I am going to the dyno next monday. Will get it tuned up a bit and A/F check...after that I hope to really enjoy the HF and give you a better follow up. I am VERY happy with this KS metalit :D it was well worth waiting for.

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 08:29:07 PM »
Hi Oliver,

So far so good, looking foward to hearing more next week.
I\'m not buying a 99 type rs I had one I was driving for a week and a half. I fell in love with it but it\'s gone so time to admire my own car again.

rgds

Offline Kevint

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 08:34:41 AM »
Hi Oliver,

Did you order direct from Knight Sports?  Approx costs?

Thanks

Kevin

Offline Oliver

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 11:06:33 AM »
I purchased it from Geff at Reworx and was sent directly from KS. The price is 66,000 yen on their website. Give Geff a call :)

/Oliver

Offline Kevint

• Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
New parts for my FD
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 11:08:44 AM »
My car is at Geff\'s for a service tomorrow - I\'ll chat to him then.

Thanks

Kevin