Author Topic: Finalize my FD after 1 year !!  (Read 1395 times)

Peter10654

Finalize my FD after 1 year !!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 04:41:15 PM »
@Gary

I hope i could drive to Rotorstock this year. I need Iwan help with my overheating engine and i hope i don\'t need a rebuild.

But if the engine runs OK i drive defenitively with Iwan and Peter to Rotorstock.

If the engine was damaged i will have no more money this year to repair.

I can\'t only drive 120km/h without overheating engine and for over 2000km to Rotorstock and back i think it is sooooo slow that i would ever arrive the meeting :-) :-)

Hope Iwan have a lucky hand.

Thx a lot to him at this time.

Peter

Offline scooby_si

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »
wow nice install.
On the over heating front whats up is it the intake temps going OTT or water temps? Maybe worth checking (presuming the engine etc is pretty standard) the aftermarket bumper hasn\'t shielded the scoop which feeds the standard intercooler as i found with my veilsdie bumper it sat lower which ment no air was flowing into scoop & thus intercooler a simple extension to the scoop sorted it although i still wana uprate the system properly longer term.....
Si

Peter10654

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 08:50:40 AM »
@scooby_si

Thank you.... thx a lot.

I explain you and all other the problem.

I have an Apexi PFC with Commander, 3Layer Radiator, High Volume Fans, new Thermostate, new Hoses, Waterpump is checked and OK. The Intercooler is Standard. I think i have made everything to keep the temperature down.

The Problem is following:

I drive normaly 120km/h the Watertemp have 86° C (186° F), Air Temp 47° C (116° F) and Oil Temp (Greedy Gauge new 80° C (176° C). I think this temperature values are OK.

If i start with acceleration (full throttle) the first Temperatur going high is the Oi Temp and the Air Temp. Oil Temp rises high over 10° C in not more than 10 Seconds. Air Temp goinig high from 47° C to 68°C. If i was hold the throttle down the temperature rises higher and higher. After 1Min. i have Air Temp over 100°C (212° F) and Oil 125°C (257° F) and also Water goes high to maximum 115°C (239° F cooking). I need to drive 15min slow to get the temperature down.

The Problem: I don\'t know what the preowner had done with the car. I have found a Greddy Emanage but Iwan have remove this one before we install the PFC. The PFC have standard attitudes.

Regarding the Air flow. I think it isn\'t the problem. I had before the Mazdaspeed bumper and the Problem was the same.

Most people says it looks like a Oil Ring Seal Problem in the Rotors. But Iwan doesn\'t think so.

I have no more Ideas.

Eventually anybody have more Ideas....

Thx a lot.

Peter
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 09:02:53 AM by Peter10654 »

Offline scooby_si

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 07:19:15 AM »
when you look at the front of the main hole in the bumper can you see a small plastic/rubber thing in the top right (as you face it) corner bout 6" wide)? that should be what the cold air gets to the standard intercooler via, if it\'s not showing or not much is then no cold air will be going from front to the intercooler & thus intake temps please dont drive it with intake temps of 100 :o Pip gave up trying to map mine once temps went to 60......till i\'d solved problem.
Pikky attached below of the scoop bit which i had to extend a bit:
oil temps check each side hole at the front do you have twin oil coolers?

Offline scooby_si

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 07:20:09 AM »
a better one without bumper showing the bit i had to stick on:

Offline scooby_si

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 07:33:26 AM »
does sound a bit exteme on all counts thou worth a try thou........
Si

Peter10654

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 03:09:55 PM »
Hey Scoob,

thx a lot for your explanation:)  I will check this on my FD.

I also have twin Oil Coolers. I have checked the cooler temperature by hand and both have the same temparature. But i have not tested with a thermometer.

Could it be that anything electrical problem or switches or valves are dead ?

Thx

Peter

I have the same HKS Air Intakes like you !! ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 03:12:05 PM by Peter10654 »

Offline scooby_si

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
no idea mate but the more i read those temp figures you mention the more i worry for your long term engine health i\'m crap at the technical stuff but seams weird to me that all of the temps. oil, air & water go so extreme after such a short time.
Sorry i have no ideas what may cause this maybe someone more knowledgable will come along......Are there no other rotoary experts on europe you can frequent? id wana get those sorted ASAP thou if i was you eeven if it took a trip to UK.....
Si