Author Topic: Where to try  (Read 1050 times)

Ade

Where to try
« on: May 27, 2003, 10:09:16 PM »
Hi guys, I\'m new to the board, and hoping to buy an FD :D

Trouble is where to get insurance :(

I\'m 21 with 2 years NCB

The car I\'m looking at buying is a 1998 \'S\' reg Type RS, valued at say £13,500, and it will only be used occassionally (4000 miles a year) due to using company car

Where will be the best place to try ??

Also, I\'ve looking on the online sites, like Tesco, and they only go up to a 1996 \'P\'reg on the RX7.  Will tha be a UK only or something ??

And, what engine size (cc) do I tell them it is ?? On some specs I\'ve seen 1306cc, and on others I\'ve seen 2654cc.  Which size do I tell them ?

Any help would be great.  Need to try and sort some insurance this week :D

Thanks

Offline Steve Burnett

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Where to try
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 11:39:19 PM »
I would have to say don\'t use the web sites. I had problems that way.
I would definatly call them up to make sure you are getting the right car covered. Ensure you tell them it is a JDM import, it is a 2.6 twin turbo (although it\'s actually is a twin 650cc the insurance class it as 2.6). And it is a 3rd gen RX7.
I got my insurance through elephant.co.uk, £1100 fully comp. Im 23 with 5years n.c.b. There a good few other companies. Have a look throught the other threads in this section and they should help you out.
I\'ll say it again, make sure they get the details right cos you know if the worst happens to the car you\'re insurance company will be the first to tell you where to go when you want to claim.

Offline Fish

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Where to try
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 08:28:30 AM »
Ade, best thing I can recommend is to phone about.

As for the engine size, 2616cc is the correct size. Yes 1308cc also counts (2*654cc), but the insurance industry see them as 2616cc. The 2654cc is not correct and make sure that any company that quotes for that engine size corrects it and you get that in written form.

I have just had this problem with my renewal.

Danh

Ade

Where to try
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 02:29:21 PM »
Just tried SureTerm, and they couldn\'t even give me a prie due to my age and the type of vehicle :(

Looks like I aint having an FD :( :(