Author Topic: RX-8 Engine Bay pictures  (Read 637 times)

Offline Fish

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
RX-8 Engine Bay pictures
« on: June 13, 2003, 04:48:59 AM »

Dan

PS. Yes Im bored tonight. ;)

4RotorRocket

RX-8 Engine Bay pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 12:42:35 AM »
Looks good,great color!

Jonrms

RX-8 Engine Bay pictures
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »
Ok, I know i should support the new RX8 however i do have some concerns...
1 - the doors??? what the feck. the rx8 is not a family car and nor should they try to present it as one.
the 4 door, wide opening is just not suited... nice try mazda!
2 - what happened to the fine lines. the sharp edges.. I know we aim for more aero design but I think this car is pushing more to a puma or in america a satarn type styling..
3- the engine is in desperate need of some plastic trimming.. meaning what in gods name made them stick so much plastic in there.
4- look closely at the wheel arches. are we looking for pt cruising style? why did mazda not blend it in to the body?
5- lexus style lights? it is not the principle it is more the flair.. I expected mazda to do something more spectucular. a bit of a let down.
6- the side mirrors. why did they stray so far away from any sporty number when they put these on. I mean they stick out!! the mirrors are not sporty and yet not really (cool) either.

On the plus side
it does have a rotary engine.
it is mazda.
and well i have to like it.

conclusion.

i will not buy one. I think that it has alot of potential and for those willing to committ time and alot of money in the styling aspect and possibly the tuning aspect then great.
i think the biggest let down if i had to sum it up was the styling.
this is my personal opinion so please dont take it personally for those who have placed a order.
the d4 door thing would have to go for me!
i would have new doors made 2 ...
 i think this would help its sporty immage. after all this car is a sports car..
and a dammmm good one at that.
dont let the little things i just picked on put anyone off.

Offline MikeLMR

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
RX-8 Engine Bay pictures
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 12:28:06 PM »
1 - The RX8 isn\'t meant to be replacement for the RX7 hence the practicalish 4 seater arangement ... just like a subaru impreza or an evo ....
2 - Thats the new mazda design theme ... alot of new cars are going to look like this
3- plastic is cheap, easy to mold and much lighter than metal ... might not look as pretty but you can\'t see any of it on a production car as there is a huge cover over everything (not fitted in photo_
4- thats the "new" look they went for ... see 2
5- Yet again this type of light seem to be industry standard ... like it or not ( personally I hate clear lights )
6- side mirrors must meet regulations for area and visability ... with flared rear arches the mirrors must stick out a fair way to get the require field of view.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 12:32:13 PM by MikeLMR »