Author Topic: Mazda's Heritage Day at Goodwood Circuit  (Read 1461 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Mazda's Heritage Day at Goodwood Circuit
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:00:08 PM »
I am proud to say the RX-4 was part of a Mazda Heritage Day held at Goodwood Circuit on Monday,

Mazda wanted to show their passion and enthusiasm for their past vehicle achievements to an assembled group of journalists with myself and Phil Blake with his 67 Cosmo being the only "outsiders" at this special Mazda personnel / magazine journalist only day to show their recently acquired Mazda's Heritage Fleet.

Even though the track had literally rivers running through it until it dried in the afternoon, I had a whale of a time giving track rides in my RX-4 to Mazda guys and journalists, showing what 110 BHP in a very light body can achieve in the dry.

Indeed with one respected top tier Motoring Mag Editor I had to explain after noticing him gripping the passenger hand grab real tight, that I have raced for many years and that he was perfectly safe in this very neutral handling Mazda whose speed belied its years  ;) 

With only 10 cars including the RX-4 and the Cosmo running on track, the Rotary’s were very much the stars of the day, with a UK Spec FD, 2001 RB FD that former F1 driver was installed in as a passenger, no doubt to keep the overzealous journalists in check, plus an Anniversary RX-8 a Gen 1 RX-7 and the RX-3 these cars enthralled journalists who had only read about these cars.

Sadly, I was booked by a couple of Mazda personnel to drive our tame F1/787 driver around in the FD, who I had previously met before but we ran out of day, a day that should have and I am sure sent those assembled journalist's home loving the Rotary and understanding that Mazda has an enormous respect and passion for the Mazda brand not only from the present but also celebrating the wonderful cars that are now part of its heritage.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:09:14 PM by clive »
All the best Clive

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Mazda's Heritage Day at Goodwood Circuit
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:16:40 AM »
As I said on Facebook, glad the weather improved in the afternoon for you. Looks like a good day out, and very pleasing to see Mazda UK  taking the some effort to promote the brand and it's heritage  :)

Hope there might be a write up in one or two mags sometime soon.......
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984

Offline clive

• MRC Founder
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:08:51 PM »
Mazda have kindly sent a couple of pictures of the RX-4 and the Cosmo out on track, I did say it was wet !!!!!

But as you will see it was dry and quicker in the afternoon   ;)
All the best Clive

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 05:20:40 AM »
Nice pics. :) That Cosmo would be awesome, I just love that body
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 3
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »
Great pics Clive :-)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1, 1st Gen S2, Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2,^^Ditto - now sold
RX-7, KIMI 3, 1st Gen S3, Red,1984