Rex has started up its old tricks with the engine cutting out again.
I got her taxed 2 weeks ago and for the first 6 days of driving it - it was fine, and i\'d thought that my change of spark plugs and repairing a bared wire to the ignitors had sorted it!
however last week it started playing funny buggers:
- stalled when decellerating for a small roundabout, had to leave it off for a minute, started fine.
-1 minute later stalled when coming out of a roundabout, again had to leave it for a minute before starting. Then ok for rest of the day.
- took it out 3 nights ago, gave it a wash at the jetwash, all seemed ok but then it stalled when i was driving up a hill. Managed to start OK after sitting for a while.
- about 5 mins later stalled again when on the over-run coming down a hill, pulled over and it started OK, then just went home.
Today decided to take the inspection panel off the fuel pump area to check the connector and wiring - all looked OK, so decided to go for a drive.
- took the car out, went up to the garage to fill the tyres with air, then for a wee cruise to see if i could get it to stall and it did. came out from a roundabout onto dual carriageway and she stalled when i was accelarating up (that\'s 3 times it\'s stalled coming off roundabouts).
- this time though really bad, trying to start and it wouldn\'t, eventually it would and then cut out after 10 yards of driving. Sometimes got it to start and i would idle and it would cut out after 10 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds. Managed to get into a junction where i sat for a while and eventually started her again to go down the dual carriageway for 100 or so yards for it to stall again (4th gear cruising steadily), pulled into a layby where i tried waiting and starting, again it would cut out on idle after 10 or so seconds. Eventually managed to drive it home with no more issues.
so in summary, when \'whatever\' is happening is happening it seems to stall in idle, cruising, overrun, neutral, in gears, after roundabouts.
sometimes i can go a couple of days with no problems, sometimes not, today was the worst it\'s ever been.
i hope all you brainy types can help me out here and advise on a sensible path to resolving this.
it feels like fuel cut when it happens at cruising speed, and it\'s interesting that it was REALLY bad today after i had a look at the plug at the fuel pump.