« on: February 23, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »
I already have an RX7 and thought it would be fun to get my MX5 rotorised. It\'s currently up at WGT getting the existing engine removed in preparation.
The basic plan with the engine is
- Used series 1 engine from a low mileage rolled car, will be compression tested
- Decat, custom exhaust and intake to fit MX5 engine bay (pre-95 import so legal for MOT)
- Washer bottle for TCW3 supply to oil metering pump (managed by EOMP controller, AUS company)
- Adaptronic ECU, mapped for V-power, 99 octane
- Lots of sensors (Wideband, oil/air/water temps, MAP)
- MX5 alternator and P/S pump (possible depower the rack)
- Walbro fuel pump
- PWR race radiator
- Oil cooler may be front-mounted or a oil/water laminova core (TBD)
- A/C removed
So some questions for the experts here:
- Given the fact that I can set the oil metering rate with a standalone, do I still need to premix?
- Before the engine goes in, are there any useful hp gains to be had with port matching, polishing or anything else without opening up the block?