i know it seams bit of a wierd one but im in need for you guys to give me the real time and down to earth advice
on the RX7
have never had a rx7 but just by reading some of the Threads it has all most put me off ever buying one.
im a trades man not a hi flying rich guy who is happy to spend loads of money on my dream car at a dop of a hat.
iv read a lot of Threads about engine rebuilds that can cost from £2500 right up to all most £5000 JUST for the engine.
Things i Know so far
- Engines if driven well (not racing) should do a happy 60miles
- Rebuild will cost £2000 + even if you fit it your self
- Rx7 should do 18mpg (dont know if thats urban or not)
- they drink a lot of oil! top up after some thing like every 1000miles
- hard drive on your bum (very stiff suspension)
- group 18 insurance
- 0 to 62 in mid 5 sec
point is even with all this in mind and knowing that you might be a rx lover is it a car i should spend my hard cash on.
Or do i blow my cash on a slow merc clk 320.
if i sould like im thinking to much about the bad stuff
your right but i think about it i would not pay to join MRC if i dident love the car so much that i would pay to join a club when i dont even own a rex
any help you could give would be great
Jason (going mad)