IN
4 (30.8%)
OUT
9 (69.2%)
UNDECIDED
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: June 23, 2016, 12:54:20 PM

Author Topic: Come on then, in or out of Europe  (Read 4896 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Come on then, in or out of Europe
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:21:41 PM »
With other forums discussing this I wonder what you guys think ? Jarno be interested in your views

Just popped on MX5 Nuts where we sell and they have 165 pages on this very subject !!!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:50:48 PM by Lisa »
All the best Clive

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Come on then, in or out of Europe
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:31:34 AM »
Well, my brother is more into politics than I am... But I was against EU from the beginning. I just cant understand how few people can dictate lifes of millions of people. In US state system works simply because those countries cultures are quite similar. Here in europe, we have so many cultures and they are so different, so state system cant work...

I have been watching your news sites and all that kind of stuff. I know you are fed up with all that crap too. Ofcourse everyone has different points of view...

For Finlands point of view, only good thing(for me) with us coming to EU was that our car laws was about to change. Our laws were really strict and with EU laws they were going to became easier. However they didnt... Open borders and customs, well that works kind of. Much easier to buy stuff within EU...

Farming, agriculture, well thats another story. EU killed all those little farms... Work force from another countries, yeah right. More unemployed people cause cheap work force is coming in... Factorys, business, firms, well we have non left, everything is purchased or leaved to other country...

At this point we have seen that those few "elite" that controls our lifes are just assholes with their own agenda in mind. Rich people get more money and poor will suffer. Same here with our politicians. I´m so fed up with this system allready that I really am thinking about moving from here. I love my country but I just cant watch them raping our land and citizens... And open borders for immigrants, I wont start that conversation... ;)

You know, I really, truly wish that UK will leaves EU! So then there is a change that EU falls and we Finns will get out of it too. Cause our politicians wont leave it otherwise...  Well, few of my thoughts. Early morning without much sleep so my brain doesent work yet :)
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:56:32 AM »
Jarno sums it up nicely, Ive spent hours on the internet researching eu, to make an informed educated decision to remain or leave based on my current and future situation.
I dont trust any politicians as they never deliver on the positives of there manifestos.
Its a massive debate and the current austerity cuts by the Torys are playing into the leave hands as the NHS is on its knees.( this is worse than reported my wife is in nhs finance).
My wages have stagnated for the last 10 years due to cheap labour   flooding the uk. Im an Engineer and have worked in factories for 25 years, unfortunately im classed as shopfloor and my wage neg. are done collectively with every tom dick and harry that is 75% polish who quite simply dont join the union and just simply except any thing mangement tells them like except a off £200 payment and bank holidays are now just a normal working day?! I think terms and condition and certainly pay has actually got worse in last 10 years....i know my pension is pretty much rubbish but thats where eu intervention and uk gov policy gets all greyed up as not sure who to blame....
But im voting leave and already have by postal vote....its a risk In or Out .....did you know the eu wanted to ban modifying cars?
You can make me work til 70 take my bank holidays away,tax me heavily for some crummy art gallery in some corner of europe i have never heard of but if some unelected eu official trys to tell me i cant put a set of aftermarket wheels on my ride then thats it teddys out the pram...Everyone1 i know is voting leave bar 2 people. BUT Its probably rigged anyway ......
And 1 final point Cameron needs to realise Britain is not just about London...and its bloated bankers
Lol...you rattled my cage Clive....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
I think the pole is something like 54% of Brits is voting off at this point. And I think all Brits I know is voting off too...

But then we can speculate that what happens in vote, will it be fair or corrupted. Because those who wants Uk to stay in EU has potential to "change" things to their benefit. Yes I know, its a frickin´coverment controls everything plot kind of thinking. But the fact is that people are to kind and stupid and thinks that there is no corruption. Well, here anyways. Even news are propaganda nowadays...

Most ridicilous thing is that UK, France and Germany are the biggest members in Eu and they basically dictates what all europe does. That really pisses me off... One could say that those big three f**cked up Europe. Ofcourse its not that simple, few rotten politician is the fault to europes fall...
Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
ding ding round 2.....
Ill actually be glad when its all over and in or out i can get back on with my life....ive read so much stuff and it just makes my blood boil....
eu grants for factorys in eastern europe that has caused factories in the uk to shut....Cadburys in Bristol for example where 2 mates who i done my apprenticeship with where made redundant .
And the best job ive ever had in a printing factory i worked in shut to relocate to Poland making me personally redundant...i took the first job i could in the worst job i ever had in a chicken killing plant thanks EU.
I still eat chicken  :P but i dont buy any Cadburys products!
Oh and ive worked in French run factory here that you think we all have the same rules due to EU directives....nah complete disregard for health and saftey, no risk assessments, no lock offs....no point in lock offs as no isolators on any motors anyway.....and an overtime rate of 1 and 1/5!!!!!!!

Then theres fringe european countrys set to join the eu that are highly undesirable...anyone remember Kosovo?

Leave, if it all goes tits up, least we can blame ourselves not some bloke in Brussels weve never heard off.

EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
Our apprentice at work wasnt going to bother voting, "its boring and i dont care".  ???

he is know registered to vote. I gave him 20 quid to vote leave lol.!
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:54:19 AM »

That was the general idea Jon :D

I won't say anything yet about in or out, but one of the most interesting things about this decision is that just about every one is talking about leaving or staying and  like me before this I have had no interest in politics in any way.

I would say for the first time in our history everyone has a direct opinion on the direction they want their country to go, 200% more than just voting a political party in or out.

Mind you not every one (including me) has a full grasp of the facts,

I was told about an overheard conversation about a guy who said "I voting to stay in, because if we leave we can't play football in the Euro Cup" !!!!

me thinks he needs a little more info  ;D ;D 

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:56:14 AM by clive »
All the best Clive

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 09:05:57 AM »
My Neighbour is remainer and we had a discussion why....he works for a large US company and the uk is the european base its the door into europe . I fully understand his decision its about looking at your own personal circumstances and how in or out will effect you then make an informed decision.
Politics is boring and you cant trust any of them.
What i will say is if you are undecided then get on youtube....all the facts are there or ill give you £20.00 to vote leave.......

EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 09:52:02 AM »
I'm currently in the "out" camp. The lack of facts and the "fear wars" make it very difficult to reach a clear conclusion of what is best for me, my family and the future of our country. I fear Brexit will bring short term pain for us, but with a longer term gain, being freer to make our own decisions in the World. I'm truly saddened in my belief that the EU experiment has gone horribly wrong, expanding too quickly to 28 nations, some of whom should never have been allowed to join due to their economic situation. The original aim of an open and free market was laudable, but that aim has now been tarnished by the increasing scope of the EU, increasingly eroding our ability to make decisions in the best interests of our nation.

I started out being an "in" supporter and I could still be swayed by a (very) convincing "in" argument, but that is yet to happen. I fully admit I do have a fear of the unknown consequnences of Brexit, but the certainty of being trapped in the sadly failing EU experiment is a more chilling prospect
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
I can honestly say ive spent days researching, ive spoke to educated people in senior management, friends, family, polish people i work with, a retired army general and loads of time on youtube and google as i was an undecided. No 1 has a crystal ball and magic wand but this EU army scares the hell out of me....fact : British troops on salisbury plain not wearing british flags on there uniforms.....weve done enough poking with the stick of our own and i dont want tobe any part of EU poking Putin with a stick...why dont people learn from history.

EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »

I would say for the first time in our history everyone has a direct opinion on the direction they want their country to go, 200% more than just voting a political party in or out.

Mind you not every one (including me) has a full grasp of the facts,

That is true, you have a change to make a difference to change your future. We Finns dont, and thats a huge deal!
And if you are afraid about your future, so does anyone else inside EU. Ofcourse everyone is trying to intimidate you, if you are leaving, so what. Think about this, what would happen if lets say Texas would leave States...? That is a fun interesting thing to wonder...

Ofcourse no one knows all the facts. But vote is based on your thoughts and facts, what you believe...

fact : British troops on salisbury plain not wearing british flags on there uniforms.....weve done enough poking with the stick of our own and i dont want tobe any part of EU poking Putin with a stick...why dont people learn from history.

And that is really scary shit! But not as scary as the fact that US troops is currently on OUR soil!!! Joined battle training operations, my ass!
And I could agree more! Why dont people learn from history...

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »
Im moving to Rotorland. Super unleaded is free. No speedlimits and you get a free rebuild every year if your a good boy. Its a massive triangle shaped island with grade A  tarmac stretching for miles and miles with a force field round it. Politicians are vapourised if they come anywhere near it. Thats enough from me on the eu. I cant do anything about it except my 1 vote....what will be will be. Aint worth the bloodpressure.

EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
 :57:

Offline Lisa

• MRC Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 12:55:25 PM »
Poll now added to the first post
REgards

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • Worryless, Dream more.
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »
And now some nutjob has shot a remain mp ...head in my hands .

EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.