Author Topic: KIMI 2 - Series 2 FB  (Read 4494 times)

Offline re japi

• MRC Overseas Guest
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: KIMI 2 - Series 2 FB
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2017, 07:54:20 AM »
Nice!

Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Power is nothing without control. Weight is enemy of performance, handling and braking.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/japi_laukkanen/library/Japi?sort=3&page=1

Offline adamgaltress

• Melton Mowbray
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2018, 11:40:56 PM »
Malcolm, any updates?
Adam

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2018, 01:13:04 AM »
Hi Adam, good to see you've found your way on here now you've got your delicious FD  :13:

KIMI 2 is fine, have spent some time this year on various small items, including attending to some rust spots and paint issues. Fitted new rear hatch gas struts as I was fed up of the hatch collapsing on my head  :) Had the oil cooler re-cored as the original sprung a leak. Whilst that was out I took the opportunity to apply the full POR15 paint treatment to the chassis rails at the front, and the undertray. I fitted an uprated electric fan to cope with sitting idling in the hot weather. Fixed a faulty rear fog light switch and rear number plate lampholders which had badly corroded - LEDS fitted now of course  :)

She's running well, having taken her to the Biggin Hill day in August and a couple of other events this year. I keep her garaged and take her out every few weeks to keep things running sweet.

KIMI 2 project history is posted on FB.com - http://www.rx7fb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2989
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline adamgaltress

• Melton Mowbray
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2018, 06:38:38 AM »
Thanks for the link Malcolm.

Been on here for a while now but tend to just read the build threads, especially if I have spare time whilst on nights :)

I've just gotten myself up to date on KIMI 2. Some really good work going on. I did search the above forum but couldn't find anything on KIMI1 - Anything going on there?
Adam

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2018, 10:34:51 AM »
Sadly, very little progress on KIMI 1. She's safely tucked up in my garage, but little progress. I've been doing some work on the rear axle (which is off the car) trying to get the refurbishied brakes, new brakes lines and stone guards sorted, but pitifully slow due to other priorities.
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active