Recent posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5
I have an extreme rotaries side mount alternator bracket, which is for an FC (as I'm using FC plates, with the centre mounting brackets) and an FD front cover...So I cannot use an FD alternator due to how the FD alternator mounts, it has offset mounting tabs, and also the FC one can be used BUT the pulley does not stick out far enough too line [...]
RX-8's / Re: Finished my RX8
« Last post by re japi on Today at 10:20:52 AM »
Yes, I saw that too at FB. Looks really awesome!!! Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Damn, that sounds angry. And goes fast Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Rotary and General Chit-Chat / Re: Clive's 400 BHP Super GT RX-8 Race Car
« Last post by clive on Today at 08:52:46 AM »
It's completely an FD engine, using a  Full Function Engineering wheel assembly.The side mount came from Mazdatrix but don't forget I use a custom alternator due to have no space down the side of the engine like you do on an FD   
Wanted Items / Head light for FD3S
« Last post by jdesousa on Today at 08:20:03 AM »
Looking for a passenger side front headlight please. It is the original light and I only need the actual light unit.  Also a front wiper motor and linkage. Oh and the actual bit that the bulbs screw into for the rear lights if that makes sense .Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
3rd generation RX-7's / Re: BOOSTED FD BUILD.
« Last post by Grant Monkhouse on Today at 02:46:45 AM »
Totally understand. When I had my FD, I was terrified too leave it anywhere. Spent some much time on the paint work etc that I didn't want anyone ruining it, I was actually relieved as much as saddened when I sold it.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which plates did you use for the engine clive? FC plates or FD ones? I was wondering which side mount alternator bracket you used and also the alternator and the pulley you had on it?Are you using a Hall effect sensor or something different for crank angle detection?And finally are you using an FD front cover??Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: clive on August 07, 2017, 02:25:34 PMYes that's OK for either the TII or the EGI, its the master cylinders that are differentWhoops, thanks Adam, Just re-checked on the Mazda system and I had written it the wrong way round , its the masters that are the same FB01-41-920A Slave EGIF044-41-920C Slave TIIFB01-41-400C Master cylinder E [...]
Quote from: clive on August 07, 2017, 02:25:34 PMYes that's OK for either the TII or the EGI, its the master cylinders that are differentI don't believe thats correct? I fell foul of the Turbo/NA Slave cylinder differences when I changed them on my Turbo last yearHad to take that one back and get another one!
« Last post by boosted on August 22, 2017, 03:18:24 PM »
Thing is had nicy shiny cars...too scared to track em and cant leave em anywhere they get door dented by morons...my mint r33 gtr was a nightmare just couldnt take it anywhere for fear of damage or worse. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by boosted on August 22, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
Theyre all projects....westys got 2mm of dust onit...coltie blown gearbox...scooby rusty arches and bonnet laquer 80% missing...FD continuos maintenance...whats next....trailer n shogun all good though ha ha.. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Grant Monkhouse on August 22, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
Bangers = projects lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Club Photo and Video Index / Racing FB uk Circuits.
« Last post by boosted on August 22, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNr_VnK9Hl4N7SmoSe1mvZwsome great racing vids of a FB at uk circuits....tad tail happy.
« Last post by boosted on August 22, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »
Double garage....house situated in cul de sac....in block paved off street set up...room for 7 cars  but there all bangers well most of em..Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Grant Monkhouse on August 22, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »
How do you have room for all these toys?? Lucky bugger lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by boosted on August 21, 2017, 08:12:06 PM »
Got 2 sessions at Combe at Forge...but hoping weather good so can give the Westy a run...and then possibly 15th sept. 8th going to Thruxton but in mx5 due to noise. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by clive on August 21, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »
Good work, when do you get to try it out again.
« Last post by boosted on August 21, 2017, 04:50:24 PM »
new filer neck design...cut the old 1 in half and joined up with samco hoses....if it works i.e oil filler neck now massive so oil falls out of air as velocity decreases and falls back to sump....or at least limits the amount reaching catch tank. now breathing on 1 half inch nipple scope to add another....longterm...get the design made up in alloy [...]
3rd generation RX-7's / Re: Resurrecting a 10Year SORN'd now Rusty FD
« Last post by Jode on August 20, 2017, 09:54:01 PM »
Heck, that sounds nasty. I can see myself being massively ocd once I've put this thing back together again too.
3rd generation RX-7's / Re: Resurrecting a 10Year SORN'd now Rusty FD
« Last post by boosted on August 20, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »
Since putting mine back on the road had 2 scary massive fuel leaks under the uim so preventative maintenance....im pretty religous now with pre flight checks start it up walk around and look underneath....saved me driving off with 2 fuel leaks so far ... Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5