Recent posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5
Rotary and General Chit-Chat / Drove 2 rx8s today!
« Last post by boosted on Today at 04:03:01 PM »
Have not driven an 8 for a while then i get to drive 2 back to back...Italian tuned up the pair of em!.1 failed mot 1 didnt...Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Rotary and General Chit-Chat / Octane Rotary content this month
« Last post by clive on Today at 12:44:43 PM »
Good 50th year write up in Octane this month, I note that they got to zap around in the  "new" Gen 1 that formally had just 49 miles on it now has 300, obviously not keeping this one as new for posterity then,     
New to MRC - introduce yourself / Re: New FD Owner Gloucestershire
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on Today at 11:09:51 AM »
Yeah good shout I've got a power probe so can energise them and make sure they're working Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Jit on Today at 11:04:58 AM »
I've heard of new boxes not working properly from more than one source. The main problem I heard was stuck solenoids.
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on Today at 11:01:48 AM »
Thanks Jit, good advice. I'll give it a check!Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Jit on Today at 10:58:48 AM »
96 cars do not have the boost pill.Do not assume that just because you have fitted a new solenoid block that it will be working perfectly. Your best bet is take your old solenoid pack apart (firstly as practice so you dont ruin a brand new one and secondly for spares) and individually test every solenoid. Then take apart your new box and do the sam [...]
« Last post by boosted on Today at 10:18:55 AM »
Yes info mainly for early cars...bloody complicated too. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on Today at 10:14:48 AM »
Yeah it can be a minefield as most of the UK and US literature on the internet is for pre 1996 cars. I'll do some digging they may be in the nipple on the actuator I can take a look with a bore scope Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last post by boosted on Today at 10:12:05 AM »
Good question i do not know the answer to that...both my fds have been pre 96 revisions so had pills in. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on Today at 09:08:58 AM »
Yep all looks original to me - it doesn't look as if the hose clamps have been disturbed before.I did wonder about the pills as for the hose going to the wastegate actuator I couldn't see a pill in it?! I did wonder about this - are 1996+ cars different and don't have the pill?! Some research I need to do here. I need to check the ho [...]
« Last post by boosted on Today at 09:04:40 AM »
Where all hoses original? Another thing to check for is the pils are still in place in the front 2 wastegate lines.
« Last post by boosted on October 22, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »
Yes mate report back...Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on October 22, 2017, 08:20:27 PM »
Yeah that's worth a go. Will give it a try and keep you posted.It's a shame because I'm soo dam happy with the rest of the car. Issues like this are age related though I guess. All part of the fun in one way!Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last post by boosted on October 22, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »
That boost not so bad slight spike and gauge inaccuracy...just puts more confusion in my head whether a 2nd turbo issue or fuel cut...Try a part throttle pull...4/5 then 2/3 rds throttle if its holds boost then wot is fuel cut...if it looses boost then transistion.It will be ackward its like trying to nurse the  boost gauge to stay positive ra [...]
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on October 22, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »
Edit: upon checking my boost gauge peak is @ 0.8 bar or 11.6psi.Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on October 22, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »
Good shout. Yeah I always run v power as did the previous owner. Well worth a check though as your right don't want to go buggering it up completely! I should be recorded what inwas seeing before now as that speaks volumes. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last post by boosted on October 22, 2017, 07:11:24 PM »
What do you think Neil? Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last post by boosted on October 22, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
Worth looking at the ecu.( passenger footwell) stickers from when it was in Japan if its been in a tuning shop over there they usually sticker it up if its had a tune...its in japanese though...if no stickers then got to assume std tune and should not be seeing 13psi....Need to tread carefully as could detonate above that pressure....defo wanna put [...]
« Last post by Doz_FD3S on October 22, 2017, 07:08:44 PM »
I've checked the plumbing for the defi and it looks all good to me. I did think that it boosts a little higher than the standard 10psi but it soon seems to settle around to 10. It will rev past 4.5k but just feels increasingly more strangled as the boost tails off. This definitely starts happening at the 4.5k changeover point.Sometimes in firs [...]
« Last post by boosted on October 22, 2017, 07:03:45 PM »
Boost pattern std is 10 8 10....could be fuel cut not 2nd turbo issue...defi is a very good boost gauge so can say its accurate? 4500rpm is transistion point whens it loosing boost.? Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5