Author Topic: Drift kart?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline m1tch

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
Drift kart?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
Quote from: Will66;807044
Looks like a cool toy, 65 bhp on carbs or 74 bhp on fuel injectors, designed to haul the kind of weight you\'re talking about, dealing with.  Plenty of torque and since I\'m guessing you\'ll be running a shorter final drive than the bike would then you\'ll have lots of spin whenever you want.  You ought to be able to feint it into drifts nicely or clutch kick it too!

Its the carbed model, but thats 65 as stock with a stock exhaust and restricted airbox :) common mod is to change the cams from the later model into the carb model to give higher lift, apparently the carb model is smoother and the injector model is a bit jerky on the power delivery.

Plan to run a race header and velocity stacks on the carbs so should make a good noise!

I need to sort out the sprockets, using the OEM drive on a bike ie OEM front and rear sprockets on the tiny kart wheels the top speed will be 55mph :rollin

I think the chain pitch is also slightly different, so I am planning on changing the front sprocket to a kart sprocket and then just run a standard larger rear kart sprocket to allow for the correct ratio for the wheel size.

The standard bike apparently runs 12 second 1/4 miles :rolleyes: im glad I have front brakes on this kart chassis lol :2eek

I will probably get the uber cheap kart tyres for drifting, will need some decent tyres for drag racing, the \'normal\' kart tyres are rated to about 100mph before they blow out, will need to get a decent set so might have a drift set and a drag set :)