Linked Events

• Japanese Auto Matsuri - Museum of Power, Langford, Essex: June 10, 2018

Author Topic: Japanese Auto Matsuri - Museum of Power, Langford, Essex: Sunday June 10th  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • RX-8 231, RX-7 FB KIMI 1, RX-7 FB KIMI 2
    • UK
    • View Profile
"Exhibition of performance & classic Japanese cars & bikes"

I'm planning to go to this event with my RX-7 FB. Exhibitors get FREE entry (donation requested) - so silly not to go, as it's only just down the road from me AND I've never got around to visiting the museum.

I planned to go last year, but bailed out on the day as it had been pouring with rain the day before, and the same was forecast for the day itself. I didn't fancy a day in a muddy field  ;)

More details here:
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/Calendar.html#JAP18
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/Posters/2018/Japanese-Auto-Matsuri-Flyer-2018.pdf

General Museum info;
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/index.html

Application form here:
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/Vehiclesform.html

Note, the website say applications for exhibitors must be received at least 5 weeks before the event, which would be 4 May, just over 2 weeks from now.

I've filled out an application form and asked for a stand area, saying I will phone them with number of cars later. So, if you complete the online form, say NO STAND to avoid confusion andf I'll sort it out later, when numbers are known.

The RX7fb.com Club also have a topic running on this event.

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:26:57 PM by Casey »
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline Lisa

• MRC Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
2. Clive & Lisa
REgards

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Nice one Lisa - would be a great day out for the RX-4  :13:

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
2. Clive & Lisa
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.

Offline Essex2Visuvesi

• Just joined!
    • Essex, UK
    • View Profile
We'll be there as it's literally 10 mins from my house but I doubt the 7 will be ready so we will be parking with the peasants

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
  ;D That's a shame Gary, but we'll see you there anyway  :icon_thumleft:

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Updating list.

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
2. Clive & Lisa
3. rip7 (rx7fb.com)
4. Threesevens (rx7fb.com)(maybe)

LAST CALL everyone  :)

Applications to attend must be submitted by the end of next week latest, at which time I will contact the museum to arrange a stand for us to be sited together  :)

10 June, so hoping for a glorious sunny day at what looks to be a fascinating location  8-)  8-)

Offline rote8

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Just to prepare you, this is only a relatively small museum and whilst probably engaging will not provide for more than a couple of hours entertainment from what I have seen. There is an adequate tea rooms ( an essential when visiting anywhere IMO :)).

If the weather is good then take the road immediatley right at the exit signposted to Maldon Golf Club and just before the hump back bridge there is some parking ( This is about 1/2 mile). Over the bridge is Beeleigh Lock and weir which is fairly unique in as much that the rivers Chelmer and Blackwater meet and the weirs are to separate the freshwater rivers from the tidal Blackwater as it continues out to sea. There is a path to the left just before the lock (not to be confused with the lower set of gates) that takes you to the second weir and an old steam mill (not always open to the public). Herons and Kingfishers have been seen here recently but not on our last visit.

Just a heads up really and had I an RX I would probably be there :(.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:04:15 AM by rote8 »
RX of the 8 variety.
Now totally Shy, courtesy of Mazdaspeed body kit, Dotz wheels, large brake kit and custom \'bull bars\'.

Offline Clarky

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • East Sussex
    • View Profile
    • Nuts Bolts & Things
Put me down for this, thanks, sounds like a nice little trip
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself...
But i can always do with some help now due to, my advancing years!

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
 :icon_thumright: Nice one John, be good to see you there  :icon_thumleft:

Updating list.

Who's planning to go...
1. Casey
2. Clive & Lisa
3. rip7 (rx7fb.com)
4. Threesevens (rx7fb.com)(maybe)
5. Clarky

LAST CALL everyone  :)

Applications to attend must be submitted THIS FRIDAY, 4th May, after wich I will contact the museum to arrange a stand for us to be sited together  :)

Offline Bash

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Essex
    • View Profile
Is that 6th spot still available ? ...i know i am late but i have just joined ...i have a JC Cosmo 13b .

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Hi Bash, you are past the deadline posted by the museum, but you could phone them and see if they will accept a late booking. You are most welcome to join us, especially with a 13b Cosmo  :13:

Post up in here to let me how you get on.

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Any luck getting a place Bash? I have requested a six car stand just in case  :icon_thumleft:

I've been i touch with the organisers and they confirm we have a stand area for our group. They've not given a lot of details, but I'll post up what I've got in the next few days.

Can everyone re-confirm they are still attending and has received any emails from the organisers? It looks like I have the necessary passes for everyone to copy anyway, so no problem if you've not received anything.

1. Casey
2. Threesevens (maybe)
3. rip7
4. Clive
5. Clarky
6. Bash (maybe)

I'll see if I can find a rendezvous point near the venue that we can meet up and drive in together on the day  :)

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
I received this email from the Museum:

"Dear Malcolm,
Thank you for your e mail.
It will be really good to see your club and its cars, at our show.
I have attached a pass for you to copy and we will ensure that there is stand space for you all.
We look forward to the event, and to seeing you, Sue."

I have attached a copy of the stand pass which we will all need to print off and bring along on the day.

Again, I will look for a local rendezvous point so that we can possibly meet up to go in together - it might make things a little easier on the day!

Offline jinx

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
Been meaning to visit this and the WW1 airfield at Stow Maries for ages. Time to pump up the tyres on my bicycle then. 

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • UK
    • View Profile
Hi Andrew - it would be great if you were able to make it on Sunday, but that's a long cycle ride  ;)

I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Stow Maries. We've been three times, but in the early days of it's restoration, and not in the last 3-4 years. I was only thinking the other day that we should return as there will have been a lot of changes. A very atmospheric airfield, with lots of original buildings intact. The history of many of the people who were based there is fascinating. Sadly, the number of pilots killed whilst training far outweighed the number killed in action. Those early machines were death traps  :(