Author Topic: My FC t2 project  (Read 2031 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: My FC t2 project
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
 :whoo: This is going to be one amazing car, well done sticking with this huge amount of work :great:
All the best Clive

Offline sim

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »
Thanks. It's getting there now I've just got to strip the engine and start on that next bit I will keep you guys updated anyway.

Oh and does anyone know if I can purchase a set of bonnet struts as I welded up the holes to bolt the support rod back on lol  :'(
proud owner of a very rusty fc

Offline grinder

• MRC Moderator / MRC Tight Ar$e
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »
stunning , simply stunning

1990 Black Turbo II ( Updated 24th October 2006 ) : Click Here !!
1991 Turbo II Cab ( Updated 21th May 2009 ) : Click Here !!
Piccies >>> July 2004 / August 2005
My Feedback Thread: Click Here !!
Official Mazda Rotary club Tight A$$ :King (So tight only dogs hear him fart)
MRC Bargain Hunter 2005/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14 :god
Inventor of the 96p car cover:D
**Special award for services to tightness**
Lifetime achievement award for services to tightness
The tightest man on earth
:Giggle

Offline Casey

• MRC Factotum
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
  • My Links:
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the finished item; it will be absolutely stunning if you maintain this level of workmanship  :notworthy:
RX-8 230 Bridgeported: Racing Brake Disks & 4 pot front calipers,Full Racing Beat (RB) SS Exhaust system,RB ARB's F & R,RB REVI intake,Tein MonoFlex Coilovers & front strut brace.
RX-7, KIMI 1 ,1st Gen,Silver,1983 - SORN
RX-7, KIMI 2 ,^^Ditto - MOT and active

Offline spizwalt

• MRC Full Club Member
    • glastonbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »
wow stunning FC. cant wait for this to be finished.

Offline Ricco_04

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2017, 10:13:34 PM »
Very nice indeed  8)

Offline Drew 007

• Just joined!
    • U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »
That's pretty much the floor tub done next on the list is the sill.
now I searched hi and low for sills, doner cars would  more than likely end up in a similar condition so that only left me one option, Mazda.
so I had the guy at my local mazda dealer fax me an exploded diagram of the sill arrangement and it didn't look like a full sill to me but to hell with it.
I waited four weeks for it to finally turn up and its no bigger than my two year old and at £150 I was a little gob smacked. :angry5:
but again my pal (who does the sheet steelwork at a jaguar e type restoration company) took the sill and formed four copies from the original. sweet! so back to it. well the second pic shows the old sill and then the two welded together sections that will be my new sill.

i Just want to say I've read the whole thread and wow fair play you have brought back this awesome fc to high standards.  :sign0098:

Just one question regarding the sills, can you still get access to them please buddy? as i may be looking for some in the near future so any help will be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Drew.

Offline Drew 007

• Just joined!
    • U.K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »
Well the day has come...  im on the look out for some sills...  ive contacted Mazda with no joy I'm just hoping and praying you would consider selling a pair of the ones you had made up please? pretty please? Help a fellow RX brother out. :occasion14:

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Drew.

Offline tiredhero

• Just joined!
    • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2017, 11:02:38 PM »
amazed by this build... but what thickness sheet metal do you use for the floor pan please....?

hows the build coming along?

you should make mazda parts  :sign0098:

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
Fair play allot of work, paint work has come out lovely same colour I'm going for with mine has just re assured me how good it will look  :sign0098:

Offline sim

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
That's pretty much the floor tub done next on the list is the sill.
now I searched hi and low for sills, doner cars would  more than likely end up in a similar condition so that only left me one option, Mazda.
so I had the guy at my local mazda dealer fax me an exploded diagram of the sill arrangement and it didn't look like a full sill to me but to hell with it.
I waited four weeks for it to finally turn up and its no bigger than my two year old and at £150 I was a little gob smacked. :angry5:
but again my pal (who does the sheet steelwork at a jaguar e type restoration company) took the sill and formed four copies from the original. sweet! so back to it. well the second pic shows the old sill and then the two welded together sections that will be my new sill.

i Just want to say I've read the whole thread and wow fair play you have brought back this awesome fc to high standards.  :sign0098:

Just one question regarding the sills, can you still get access to them please buddy? as i may be looking for some in the near future so any help will be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Drew.

Sorry mate I wish I could help, my pal who did the sheet metal work on the sills no longer has access to the equipment required.
I’m sure you could do the same as me though and purchase one from Mazda then source a company to roll/shape some longer versions.
proud owner of a very rusty fc