Author Topic: New rx7 fd owner  (Read 649 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Re: New rx7 fd owner
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
First up  :welcome:

Please you found the car you wanted, nice thing is that these cars are now actually becoming a good investment.

James when you say the car wants a rebuild, what is actually the matter with it, water seals or low compression ?.
All the best Clive

Offline JamesP

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 11:03:15 AM »

First up  :welcome:

Please you found the car you wanted, nice thing is that these cars are now actually becoming a good investment.

James when you say the car wants a rebuild, what is actually the matter with it, water seals or low compression ?.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

It's taken a long time but I've finally got the one I've been looking for. I'm certainly hoping on it being a good investment.

I haven't had it checked out myself yet. It's was taken to wgt by the previous owner with warm idle issues and stalling when warm. Pip said the engine was tired and due a rebiluild. There's white smoke/steam when the car is started after its been sat for a while and when I checked the water I couldn't see any in the filler on the front of the engine. From my little experience of these I'm guessing water seals? I will have the car checked over myself and a compression test done when im back from holiday as I'm away soon until the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline KevlarRx7

• Just joined!
    • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »
If you're ever in Cornwall the A39 has fun bits, almost lost the Missus's MK1 MR2 off a cliff on the way back from newquay one night.

Offline JamesP

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Just joined!
    • Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »
If you're ever in Cornwall the A39 has fun bits, almost lost the Missus's MK1 MR2 off a cliff on the way back from newquay one night.

I do venture down that way occasionally. I live right next to the A30 so easy for me to go Cornwall way. Although I don't fancy risking loosing the car off a cliff!

Offline KevlarRx7

• Just joined!
    • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 11:02:39 PM »
It was driver error ;) but that's half the fun, but I've never had a moment like that in my FC, so I'm sure you'll be fine.