Author Topic: Rotorstock track volunteers wanted  (Read 692 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Rotorstock track volunteers wanted
« on: July 15, 2007, 07:58:13 PM »
In order to get our Rotorstock "wild card" qualifiers to go through to the main races on the Sunday we need four volunteers to assist please.

Just for the Saturday you will need to work in shifts of 2, one in each lane all the time the track is operating, there will be 4 classes and we will need you to help to find the fastest 2 in each class.

You will need to mark down the running number when the car in your lane comes to the line and then note the time they set, however if they run a slow time you then scrub the time and the car bearing in mind we are only looking for the fastest in each class.

I would suggest this will mean in the cut off time for RWD + 4WD will be at least 11 seconds with FWD being 13 seconds, this way we keep the number of cars we are logging to a minimum.

I do not envisage many Class X cars so I would say log all of those.

Class A – Front Wheel Drive
Class B – Rear Wheel Drive
Class C – 4Wheel Drive
Class X and Pro Car – Non Road Legal

Classes A-C must be on treaded road tyres and using road fuels. If it wouldn’t pass an MOT, it is not road legal.
Class X may use exotic fuel and slick tyres.
All classes are for Jap-bodied cars using Jap engines only.

Ann (AMH) will then coordinate your times and put a name to the race number on the car.

Please note that whilst you will have the best seat in the house, this will be tough going to log all this correctly over a long period of time.
All the best Clive

Offline rote8

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:09:56 AM »
Clive,

Please count on me for support on the day, but not necessarily for the above.

I will be quite rightly be expected to attend on our own club stand at various times during the course of the day, so could not commit to being available for all the hours necessary required to log times etc. although if I can offer relief at times for those volunteering, would be pleased to do so.

Any other help I can offer please do not hesitate to ask.

Ray
RX of the 8 variety.
Now totally Shy, courtesy of Mazdaspeed body kit, Dotz wheels, large brake kit and custom \'bull bars\'.

Offline shaunwil

• Extra Special Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
I\'d be up for doing an hour on the day, maybe enough numbers we can have 2per hr and then at least they don\'t spend too long doing it.

Shaun
1994 White FD with A-spec GT3574R - 358bhp at the hubs at 0.9bar :3gears-lh
2003 Mondeo 2lt 130ps Diesel Estate Daily :driving