Author Topic: Countdown to ROTORSTOCK 4 is GO!  (Read 1785 times)

Offline clive

• MRC Founder/President
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://mazdarotaryparts.com
Countdown to ROTORSTOCK 4 is GO!
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »
Dear Mazdarotaryclub members,

For many many months we have been working behind the scenes to bring you hopefully the biggest and the best Rotorstock for not only all Rotary owners  but also the whole of Japanese car community.

Rotorstock 4 will give both us and them the first all Japanese car only event to incorporate, Drag Racing, Drifting, and Car Show in Europe.  

Today I will try and update you all and show you the media preview that we released over the last week and the adverts that have been constructed.

As many of you know who have attended past Rotorstock’s, whilst we must be grateful that Shakespeare gave us the chance to operate our own style of meeting, the reality of operating Rotorstock at a track with next to no infrastructure was from day one a painful experience and coupled with the many broken promises made a Rotorstock 4 virtually unattainable.

After an initial meeting with Santa Pod Raceway we not only found competent professional people but also people who wanted Rotorstock to be held at their venue, something I believe anyone connected with MRC or previous Rotorstock events should be proud of, as no other Japanese car club would have been welcome to operate an event the way we will be in 2007.  

From the very first meeting Santa Pod have been keen that Rotorstock remains a Mazdarotaryclub event as it always has been, it was also pleasing that after some initial negotiating they shuffled their calendar to give us the summer date that we required in August on the 11th & 12th, something which concreted their commitment to Rotorstock at Santa Pod.

Behind the scenes we still have work to do finalising particularly the Drifting at Rotorstock that for the first time will be open to all on a run what you brung basis the same as the Drag strip operates, this is to ensure that Rotorstock always remains as accessible as possible for all Japanese car enthusiasts be it for Drift or Drag, also a new Rotorstock website is being constructed that will only retain the forum from the previous website this is mainly so people are not confused with any previous trader contacts or Shakespeare County Raceway references from previous Rotorstock meetings

Over the winter we worked out exactly where we could operate a Drift Track at Santa Pod and how to accommodate the Drift cars based on lessons learned at previous Rotorstock events, this Track system was successfully operated at the Jap Show and is now seen to work well.

As for the Drag strip we have taken on board the cry heard from many members about queuing at Santa Pod and so there will be NO demo cars taking track time at R4 which will keep the track moving much faster without the sometimes hour delays while Fred or whoever shows how he can bounce his car on one wheel!, this event is about Japanese cars only and lots of em.

Another “upside” to moving the track faster will be that when you sign on you will sign on for 4 runs instead of the normal 3, also for the first time the track will remain open for action until 9.00pm on the Saturday evening.

Another R4 feature as with the Drift Championships will be that the Drag Championships will also be just as accessible to any Japanese car enthusiast in that if he runs fast enough on the Saturday and providing the car complies with the technical regulations required, they will then be invited to compete as a “Wild Card” entrant into the main events on the Sunday, indeed I am looking to a lot of our own Rotary cars going on to compete in this manner.

The only thing so far that has not worked out according to plan is the Bands for the evening entertainment but our own Ian@TunerUK will be DJ’ing for us to keep the fans happy.

Both days Rotorstock will open with our Rotaries from old to new, standard to modified lining up in pairs to show just how diverse our Club is to the Japanese car community

We also have Clash Productions who produce some Motors TV programs coming from France to film R4, and this will hopefully find its way onto satellite television.  

Rotorstock 4 will also have the most prize monies awards on offer with Exedy awarding a £1300 clutch to the Drift winner, Meguiars offering Trophy\'s to the Show winners and between Mazdarotaryclub, Santa Pod, Opie oils and Mazdarotaryparts there will be a purse of £2,000 between all the winners on the Drag Strip.

We have another meeting at the Track on Wednesday and will bring more news later in the week concerning tickets etc.

Please find attached the Rotorstock preview and an idea of the double page adverts that Mazdarotaryclub has placed, plus the rules for the Drag strip, also the flyers that will be made to hand out at JAE to further promote R4, also look out for our R4 double page advertisements in Japanese Performance and Banzai over the next few days . There will also be feature previews in both Banzai and Fast Car.

Lastly, for now we have booked a 200 car stand for all Rotary’s regardless of club or membership to a club but I am hoping that this will be much too small for the Rotary’s that will attend with even French Rotary contingent coming over and R4 will become by far the biggest collection of Rotarys by far seen in Europe.

We hope that if you only attend one event this year it will be this one and that you all enjoy yourself at what we believe will be Mazdarotaryclubs best ever Rotorstock,

ROTORSTOCK 4 is GO!
http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxuk101YYGB%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F1%255F11%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gif" alt="SmileyCentral.com" border="0">http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fimgfarm%252Ecom%252Fimages%252Fnocache%252Ftr%252Ffw%252Fsmiley%252Fsocial%252Egif%253Fi%253D36%252F36_1_11/image.gif">
All the best Clive

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fc3s.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »
Sounds like its going to be amazing!

Many thanks to all those who have been putting in the work behind the scenes :cheers :god
At the end of the day, it\'s meant to be fun - not a political movement! :burnout
[xbox.card]BrettMRC[/xbox.card]

Offline John_Hudson

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:05:30 AM »
I really can\'t wait, I actually have the weekend off for once, weeee !!

nice one clive

Offline DRAGON

• Banned user
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 10:11:56 AM »
Great, I think it has some good little adavantages over the normal Japshow, so well-done to all involved.

mikeyh

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
count me in cant wait as long as the weathers alot better than japshow
if mrc has a club syand how does that work for guys staying in tents??

Offline D2BBA

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »
Cant wait for this one, sounds like its going to be the best event of the year!

And its on my birthday weekend too, great choice of dates there peeps!!!

Keep up the good work :)

Chris
RX7 FD3S RE Amemiya AC037 - Gone but not forgotton!  

Porsche 911 (964) C4 - Aircooled weekend fun!

Golf GT 170 (MKV) - Das verks mobile!

Offline John_Hudson

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »
Quote from: D2BBA

And its on my birthday weekend too, great choice of dates there peeps!!!
Chris

Time to get Chris wasted :p

Offline Ian@TunerUK

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 10:37:01 AM »
Well done to all the MRC team, let\'s hope it\'s a great event and the weather is cracking! Hope a few of you can join me for the evenings entertainment aswell!

Offline John_Hudson

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »
Quote from: Ian@TunerUK
Hope a few of you can join me for the evenings entertainment aswell!

Def Ian, i always try to tune in when you post up that your broadcasting a set :)

Offline D2BBA

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »
Quote from: John_Hudson
Time to get Chris wasted :p

Dont normally need much help there guv, lol, but the more the merrier!!!

You keep buying and i\'ll keep drinking :Giggle

Offline John_Hudson

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:09:38 AM »
Quote from: D2BBA
Dont normally need much help there guv, lol, but the more the merrier!!!

You keep buying and i\'ll keep drinking :Giggle

eep, my clientele call me guv lol.   But sure i\'ll buy you a drink for your Bday !
how old is the next question :Thumbs-up

Offline D2BBA

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »
Quote from: John_Hudson
eep, my clientele call me guv lol.   But sure i\'ll buy you a drink for your Bday !
how old is the next question :Thumbs-up

Oops, i\'ll stick to fella, or bud then, or something, lol

The next question...ooh, its not a good answer - 29 unfortunately, although I still look about 25, and feel about 21!.

Chris

Offline Lisa

• MRC Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »
Hi Guys

Please could we try and keep this thread on track with regards to RS4. sorry!
REgards

Offline Kash_

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 12:49:01 PM »
Can\'t wait :D really looking forward to this, should be brilliant!!! :cool

Offline bnaellis

• Major Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
Looking forward to this the only shame is that it\'s only 4 runs each, you just get the bit in between your teeth and that\'s it for the day:(
If the strip is open till 9pm what happens if all the people that intend to run their cars down the strip have had their 4 runs already  amd it\'s only like say 7pm? Are we then allowed extra runs?

Brian