A couple of interesting bikes for sale September 2004...
Bike 1 - Norton F1 Sports just fully rebuilt
Norton F1 Sports ("TT"), fully rebuilt from the ground up to better-than-new condition by Norton Motors Ltd. First registered (in Germany) 01.04.1993, one owner from new. This bike was taken apart and robbed of some parts to build the racer below for the same owner. Sighting the accumulated stock of Norton Motors Ltd and adding further stock from Germany put us in a position to get the whole bike back together.
The frame has been polished, fairing and petrol tank resprayed, all small fittings have been replaced or put back into as-new condition, no expense and care has been spared. Bike was finished by the end of July.
Price 15.000,- Pounds Sterling resp. 22.500 Euros
Bike 2 - Norton F1 Sports Racer
Norton F1Sports ("TT"), first fielded in English production races ("Goslett Norton"), later rebuilt to standart spec. in the then Shenstone factory; sold on to Norton Motors (Deutschland).
After import to Germany totally dismantled and fully rebuilt and modified to at least works spec (in many cases more than works spec.):
Special features are:
-adjustable trail through modified steering head (done by Spondon at the time specially on this frame);
- works racing exhaust ejector system.
- aero trochoids, TWIN PLUG, with fully modified inlet and exhaust ports, timing adjusted to the spec that gave the German BOT bike 136bhp at the rear wheel in 1993;
- Rotors machined from semi-finished blanks to our spec of shape, this being the best shape for twin-plug ignition, as well as giving a higher compression ratio;
- second oil pump driven by gearbox sprocket nut;
- rear suspension by Öhlins;
- front forks modified with special internals;
- magnesium PVL wheels;
- F1 Sports type fairing in carbon fibre made specially by the people who normally clothe the factory Ducatis, air inlets in the front for rotor/excenter shaft cooling ducts;
- exhaust pipes revised to give optimum backpressure;
- Mikuni flat slide carbs as used on the German BOT racer in the early nineties, with a special throttle arrangement giving fully adjustable quick action;
- fully adjustable master cylinders for brake and clutch action on handlebars with remote reservoires;
- twin aluminum radiators, works racer style, to give optimum air flow to carbs and optimum cooling over engine and under petrol tank;
- many parts machined from solid as f.e. footrests, hydraulics for clutch action, etc.etc;
The motorcycle is ready to race and comes with a second set of wheels and racing stands.Bike is currently at Norton Motors GmbH in Germany but can be shipped to Norton Motors Ltd in England.
20.000,- Pounds Sterling resp.30.000,- Euros, no offers.