Recent posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]
Quote from: neil_jdmr on November 13, 2017, 04:49:35 PM It would be nice to see some kind of industry standard with dynometer systems and operation so it gets rid of such a variance in results i saw.Exactly. I dont understand why there is so much difference between dynos...Lähetetty minun E2303 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Was you wastegate ported Neil? Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Mmmm i need water...i miss that extra 1.5 psi lol! Got used to what i got...Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Yep and tbh i could have easy kept tracking mine as they were still boosting perfect and only a little smoke on overrun. I also had a standard fuel system worth exception to a bosch fuel pump and the base pressure was slightly increased. Im really pleased with your bhp figure. I always felt my car was around the 400bhp mark judging by the cars i wa [...]
Yeah, that's exactly why I added water. If I was going to try to run c.15 PSI without a huge V Mount then I wanted water to keep things cool. jdmr_neil ran 1.2 bar (17.5 PSI) for over 4 years doing mostly track days with the car and running 500cc/min of water before his twins started to smoke slightly. Right now I'm using a set of early s [...]
Nearly 15 psi...when i swapped turbos mine was running 15 to 16psi at the top end of the rpm...its been mapped at this but i subsequently tuned down to 13.5 14psi with an orifice plate in the end of the downpipe...its defo got less power with 1.5psi cut...i thought 400bhp was poss with 16psi tune so your not far off...How long the turbos last thoug [...]
Maybe, but a few things about that:In cold weather like yesterday the duty was 95%, normally it's in the low 90s.The injector duty spikes to 95% only around the transition point as it is the most critical and dangerous part of the map. 3,500-5,000 RPM to ensure there is enough fuel there at all times. Everywhere else in the map it's close [...]
95% injector duty is pushing the limits of your current injectors. Might be wise to get some bigger injectors
Club Photo and Video Index / Re: Japfest Pictures 2015
« Last post by Severson on November 13, 2017, 09:13:15 AM »
I quite like this one, any more pics of it?
Rotary and General Chit-Chat / Re: TODAYS QUICK PIC
« Last post by re japi on November 13, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »
Again from RS11 at Billing, I JUST LOVE THIS FB! 
Really nice result!  I thought that stock REW cant do that kind of power...
Club Membership / Re: How to become a Full Member of the Club and the Benefits
« Last post by MightyCondor on November 12, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »
Quote from: Casey on November 12, 2017, 11:23:33 AMHi MightyCondor - great to see and chat to you on Friday at North Weald about your rotary "fleet"  For some reason, notification of your payment didn't come through to the Team here. Not a problem, as I can see the forum system has registered your subscription, even if it didn&# [...]
3rd generation RX-7's / Stock Port, Sequential Twins @ c.1.03 Bar - 398 BHP / 360 lb. ft.
« Last post by cib24 on November 12, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
Had my car dyno'd today using a Maha dyno. Not 100% sure about the results as they seem kind of high to me by about 40-50 bhp but I'm not complaining! The curve is pretty good and the torque curve can't really be improved without more fuel and more boost on the primary.AFRs at the low end start around 11.4:1 after about 3,000 RPM ave [...]
« Last post by Casey on November 12, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
Hi MightyCondor - great to see and chat to you on Friday at North Weald about your rotary "fleet"  For some reason, notification of your payment didn't come through to the Team here. Not a problem, as I can see the forum system has registered your subscription, even if it didn't tell us  I've now manually upgraded [...]
Rotary and General Chit-Chat / Re: Clive's 400 BHP Super GT RX-8 Race Car
« Last post by clive on November 12, 2017, 11:05:52 AM »
Quote from: rote8 on November 12, 2017, 10:12:03 AMI am sure that you have more than enough technical and physical help to get this done by Brands Hatch, but if you need someone to make the tea and make encouraging noises I am available. Thanks Ray, see you at Brands which hopefully won't become your last outing after all. You could always ta [...]
MRC Shop / Re: Now available via the club shop - 50th Rotory Anniversary t-shirts
« Last post by clive on November 12, 2017, 11:04:08 AM »
Just giving this a bump  Still have a few limited colours and sizes available should anyone still wish to buyhttp://mazdarotaryclub.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59
Rotary and General Chit-Chat / Re: Clive's 400 BHP Super GT RX-8 Race Car
« Last post by rote8 on November 12, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »
I am sure that you have more than enough technical and physical help to get this done by Brands Hatch, but if you need someone to make the tea and make encouraging noises I am available.
« Last post by MightyCondor on November 12, 2017, 09:38:49 AM »
Quote from: Casey on June 17, 2017, 06:44:47 PMHi Alex, I see you paid your subscription on Thursday and I've been away a few days. The process to update your profile to Full Club Member is still manual. However, I've done the change now so you have access to PM's.  (back?) to the MRC, I see you first registered your account on [...]
Cars for Sale / Re: 92/93 FD Type R import standard spec
« Last post by Mark Ide on November 12, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
Bumping back up
RX-8's / Re: Finished my RX8
« Last post by Nitro V8 on November 12, 2017, 07:36:47 AM »
Looking good!How is the supercharged engine coming along?
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]