Author Topic: 1uzfe , fc , budget, street/track car, slow progress :)  (Read 998 times)

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
Re: 1uzfe , fc , budget, street/track car, slow progress :)
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 04:58:14 PM »
Getting ther with the exhaust ( modified 200sx system ) just the down pipes to fab n weld

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • oh my look at my paintjob..
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
Fair play mate you crack on when you get a project...bit like myself.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply, in the middle of house buying,selling so time n money is tight plus harvest has been so I'm flat out fixing broken tractors n combines that farmers keep braking  ???

Just tinkering as n when I can looking forward to hearing what the system sounds like when finished will try get a vid up won't be for a wile tho  :occasion14:

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »
Small update top rad brackets made painted  n fitted, so rad is now in! Coolant hoses to go next just need to find some pennies

Offline jeted

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Car is looking awesome
It is a credit to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
Cheers mate appreciate the kind comments, currently stored at a friends house at the mo due to house movement hopefully be cracking on again soon

Offline RiceRacerUK

• MRC Full Club Member
    • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
looking good I love to see a well executed resto mod project. It's nice to see what looks to be quality work happening.

I never cease to be amazed by the shite quality bodges lots of owners and plenty of "professionals" try to pass off as acceptable and safe work when I come across them.

Drifters or for the most part banger races as I like to label most of them are the worst by far IMHO, they seem to think because a car is only for track use it can be full of downright dangerous shoddy work.

Respect for putting the effort in to save this car from its previous dubious mods. I'm not a fan of V8 swapping any rotary car, (although I can see the appeal and what petrol head doesn't love a V8) but in this case its already done so you may as well make sure its done right.

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply, although I am mainly into drifting as sport you are right it's a drift car so a bodge is ok seems to be a running theme, if it didn't come with a v8 I certainly wouldn't put one in but as it was ther and working on it I've grown to like it (na 20b when I dream) 🤗

Currently through last stages of buying a house at the moment so really haven't touched it but here is how it stands now looking sad for it self and still with that paint

Offline Fcboss

• Just joined!
    • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2017, 09:32:30 PM »
Also to mods updating straight from I phone with pics and there massively over sized am I doing something wrong?

Offline RiceRacerUK

• MRC Full Club Member
    • North Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2017, 05:28:11 AM »
Awesome don't get me wrong I also love drifting as a sport. I just hare the banger racing element that seems to be taking over and don't get me started on those "Missile" cars.

I still think drifting is what killed most of the FC coupes when they were super cheap and not worth the cost of a rebuild at the time in most peoples eyes.

I'm also bitter and twisted as I sold my last FC to a "drifter" who ruined the car and killed the engine, then when I was looking to buy it back to save it he wanted 10 X what I sold him it for with no interior as it was now a drift spec car. ha ha and breathe.

Offline boosted

• MRC Full Club Member
  • Major Contributor
  • oh my look at my paintjob..
    • south west
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »
I think alot of classic jdm has been ruined by drifters...but every cloud an all that there getting rid of bmws as well lol...
Whilst i appreciate the skill i no longer watch at the shows seen it all before but what really pees me off if people drifting on a trackday...had some numpty attempting to slide in front  of me and i nearly t boned him. Next lap hes in the tyres and session red flagged...thanks mate your time and money is obviously worth more than mine !

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

92 FD rx7 Twins 13.5psi. Track car
94 Westfield Se 231 rx8 street port powered. Race car
EAT SLEEP ROTOR REPEAT.